The 2012 Government and Nonprofit Section Midyear Conference of the American Accounting Association will be held at the Hilton Mission Valley Hotel in beautiful San Diego, CA on March 2-3, 2012.
An award will be given to recognize the best paper submitted for the conference. We also encourage doctoral students to attend the conference at a reduced rate, and Ph.D. student travel grants are available (See http://aaahq.org/GNP/newsheadline/travel.htm).
We welcome theoretical, practical and pedagogical papers on any government or nonprofit accounting research topic. We encourage the submission of full Completed Studies, as well as Emerging Studies. All full papers submitted to the conference will be considered for the best paper award. Please submit your work by the December 5, 2011 deadline. To submit Completed Studies or Emerging Studies:
- Prepare two separate documents, one for your paper, one for your abstract.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in either document.
- Both documents should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1" margins.
- Log into the AAA GNP Section SPRS. Click "Create Program Submission", and follow the instructions within the submission form.
Early submission is highly encouraged.
Call For Volunteers
If you are interested in reviewing manuscripts, or being a moderator or discussant, please follow these steps:
- Go to the AAA GNP Section SPRS.
- Once you are logged into your account, click "Modify Profile/Volunteer Information."
- Scroll down the profile page until you see the Volunteer Information drop down lists. In the drop down list for "Conference Role(s) Interested In," select those roles in which you would like to serve for the GNP Section Conference. The meeting coordinators will search for you based upon your selections in this drop down list.
- So that the coordinators can assign you to submissions that best fit your expertise, please make selections within the "Research Area(s)" and "Research Method" drop down lists as well.