The 18th Annual Midyear Conference and 8th Annual Doctoral/New Faculty Consortium of the International Accounting Section of the American Accounting Association will be held at the beautiful Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, AZ during February 23-25, 2012. The meeting will be co-chaired by Hong Xie (University of Kentucky) and Chris Skousen (Utah State University). There will be an opening reception February 23 (Thursday) evening. The conference program will start February 24 (Friday) morning with the doctoral student/new faculty consortium (coordinated by Ole-Kristian Hope, University of Toronto) and CPE workshop. The conference will continue with plenary sessions, panels, concurrent sessions, poster sessions and other events through Saturday afternoon.
You are invited to contribute to the program through submissions of international accounting research papers, cases and/or panel proposals. Please also consider volunteering to become a reviewer, discussant, and/or moderator. The paper submission deadline is October 15, 2011. Authors will be notified of the committee’s decision by December 1, 2011. As in past years, special consideration will be given to papers and cases that will be presented by doctoral students.
To submit a research paper:
To submit a paper:
- Prepare two separate documents, one for your paper, one for your abstract.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in either document.
- Both documents should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1" margins.
- Log into the AAA IAS Section SPRS. Click "Create Program Submission", and follow the instructions within the submission form.
Call For Volunteers
If you are interested in serving IAS by reviewing manuscripts, being a moderator or discussant for the Midyear Meeting, please follow these steps:
- Go to the AAA IAS Section SPRS.
- Once you are logged into your account, click "Modify Profile/Volunteer Information."
- Scroll down the profile page until you see the Volunteer Information drop down lists. In the drop down list for "Conference Role(s) Interested In," select those roles in which you would like to serve for the IAS Section Conference. The meeting coordinators will search for you based upon your selections in this drop down list.
- So that the coordinators can assign you to submissions that best fit your expertise, please make selections within the "Area(s) in which you research", "Research Method", and "Country Information" drop down lists as well.