Accounting educators, students and professionals are invited to submit completed manuscripts and ideas for panels for the 2012 AAA Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting. Papers may encompass any topical area of accounting and may be theoretical or practice-oriented. Awards will also be given for the best manuscript, as well as the best manuscript by a doctoral student. Papers may also have been submitted to the American Accounting Association National meeting, but should not have been published before the Mid-Atlantic meeting.
The conference will begin on Thursday April 19 with a daylong seminar for doctoral students and junior faculty — featuring Betsy Gordon, Katherine Schipper, John Core, Bill Baber and Jennifer Blouin; and concurrently, CPE Workshop sessions. The conference will continue with presentations and panels on Friday, April 20 and Saturday April 21. The meeting will be held at the DOUBLE-TREE CITY CENTER, Philadelphia. A limited number of hotel rooms have been set aside for conference participants at the rate of $189 per night single or double occupancy.
To submit a paper:
- Prepare two separate documents, one for your paper, one for your abstract.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in either document.
- Both documents should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1" margins.
- Log into the AAA Mid-Atlantic Region SPRS. Click "Create Program Submission," and follow the instructions within the submission form.
- The submission deadline is January 20, 2012.
To submit proposals for Effective Learning Strategies poster presentations:
- Prepare a document with the following information
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION: In 200 words or less, describe the idea, resource, teaching strategy, or education innovation that supports learning in accounting including the key issues and concepts that will be addressed. Include learning outcomes — What will participants learn from your poster presentation? (Limit: approximately 200 words — 1250 characters)
- PROMOTIONAL DESCRIPTION: In 40 words or less, "sell" your poster presentation to a prospective attendee. What is the essence of the ELS Poster Session? What will the audience learn? This is your chance to market your best practice, so try to make the description appealing, but not misleading. (Limit: approximately 40 words — 350 characters)
- Do not include any submitter name(s) or contact information in the document.
- Log into the AAA Mid-Atlantic Region SPRS, click "Create Program Submission," and follow the instructions within the submission form.
- The submission deadline is March 5, 2012.
To submit a proposal for a panel:
Please submit proposals for Panels directly to the Program Chair, Sungsoo Kim (email@example.com). Your submission should contain the phrase PANEL PROPOSAL in the header. The deadline for these proposals is Monday, January 9, 2012.
Call for Moderators, Discussants, and Reviewers
To volunteer to be a moderator, a discussant, or a reviewer of a manuscript, Please go to the AAA Mid-Atlantic Region SPRS, and click "Modify Profile/Volunteer Information."
For more information about the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Program, please contact: Sungsoo Kim, Program Chair: School of Business, Rutgers-Camden, Sungsoo@camden.rutgers.edu