Accounting educators, students and professionals are invited to submit completed manuscripts, ideas for panels, and CPE workshops for presentation at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the Ohio Region of the American Accounting Association.
Papers may encompass any topical area of accounting and may be theoretical or practice-oriented. Accounting education papers and cases (including cases that would like to be entered into the case competition) are strongly encouraged for submission.
All submissions will receive double-blind review.
The submission deadline for Proposals for CPE sessions is NOVEMBER 1, 2011. The submission deadline for Manuscripts and Panels is JANUARY 23, 2012. Early submissions are strongly encouraged. Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than March 5, 2012.
Accepted manuscripts will compete for Andrews Award for best overall research paper. We have separate awards for best undergraduate paper, graduate paper and doctoral paper accepted for presentation.
Submissions by doctoral students, academics, and practitioners will be submitted through the Ohio Region’s Submission and Peer Review System (SPRS). For instructions on preparing your submissions for the SPRS, please see below. Undergraduate and graduate students may submit for the Student Manuscript Competition. Submissions by undergraduate and graduate students should be sent directly to Pervaiz Alam (email@example.com), and copied to Brian Mittendorf (Mittendorf_2@fisher.osu.edu).
All those interested in reviewing manuscripts or being a discussant or moderator can volunteer either through the SPRS website or by contacting one of the program co-chairs. Please see below for instructions on volunteering through the SPRS.
Please send your proposals for Panels and CPE sessions by email to Akhilesh Chandra (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Wallace Wood (Woodwr@ucmail.uc.edu).
At least one author of an accepted paper must register for the meeting and present. Paper and panel presentations will take place all day Friday and until about noon on Saturday. Tours, CPE sessions and case competition will take place Thursday.
To submit a paper:
- Prepare two separate documents, one for your paper, one for your abstract.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in either document.
- Both documents should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1” margins.
- Log into the AAA Ohio Region SPRS. Click “Create Program Submission”, and follow the instructions within the submission form.
Call For Volunteers
If you are interested in reviewing manuscripts, or being a moderator or discussant, please follow these steps:
- Go to the AAA Ohio Region SPRS.
- Once you are logged into your account, click “Modify Profile/Volunteer Information.”
- Scroll down the profile page until you see the Volunteer Information drop down lists. In the drop down list for “Conference Role(s) Interested In,” select those roles in which you would like to serve for the Ohio Region Meeting. The meeting coordinators will search for you based upon your selections in this drop down list.
- So that the coordinators can assign you to submissions that best fit your expertise, please make selections within the “Research Areas” and “Research Methods” drop down lists as well.
The 2012 meeting will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio at the Embassy Suites on May 10-12, 2012. The hotel is located at 10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, Kentucky 41011. A limited number of hotel rooms have been set-aside for conference participants at the rate of $139 per night single or double occupancy. Internet access is free in all guest rooms. Academics and professionals from the Ohio region, as well as those from other regions and overseas, are welcome to participate. CPE credit will be available.
We hope to see you in Cincinnati in May 2012!