Outstanding Educator Award
The SET section operates an annual competition to identify the Outstanding Educator of the year. The purpose of this award is recognise outstanding education contribution in the field of SET. The winner of this award is honored with a plaque usually presented at the Annual SET Section Business Meeting.
The primary criteria for the award are:
Call for Nominations for the 2013 Award
- Educational impact made by the individual on the field of SET
- Originality and innovation of the educational contributions
- Contribution to the larger AIS and IS communities
Please send your nomination (as an attachment to an email) by 31 MARCH 2013 to the Chair of the committee for this award:
Professor Bonnie Morris
Selection process for the award:
(NB. - Educational contribution is broadly defined and not limited to any type of teaching contribution.)
- Nominations should be sent by the annual date proposed (announced as appropriate by email each year).
- To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must be a current member of the AAA.
- A member of the SET Section must nominate the individual.
- The nominating letter should include a statement as to why the individual is nominated and an assessment of the individual's educational contributions.
- Members of the Executive Committee are ineligible for the award.
Previous Recipients of this Award
- 1995 - Alan Sangster
- 1996 - Dan O'Leary
- 1997 - Enrique Bonson
- 1998 - Jagdish Gangolly
- 2000 - Marilyn Greenstein
- 2001 - Bob Michaelsen
- 2002 - L. Murphy Smith
- 2003 - Bob Jensen
- 2004 - Stewart Leech
- 2005 - Saeed Roohani
- 2006 - Margarita Lenk - click here for further details
- 2007 - Carol Brown - click here for further details
- 2008 - Bill McCarthy
- 2009 - Skip White
- 2010 - Severin Grabski
- 2011 -
- 2012 - Steve Sutton
- 2013 - Clyde Stambaugh
Do please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you have about anything you find on these pages - the section's webmanager, Rob Nehmer, can be contacted on email@example.com.