Outstanding Researcher Award
The SET section operates an annual competition to identify the Outstanding Researcher of the year. The purpose of this award is to recognize a researcher for their outstanding published research in the field of SET. The winner of this award is honored with a plaque usually presented at the Annual SET Section Business Meeting.
The primary criteria for the award are:
Call for Nominations for the 2013 Award
- Impact of the research on the field of SET
- Relevance to the larger accounting information systems community
- Relevance to the larger information systems community
- Originality and innovation of the research
Please send your nomination (as an attachment to an email) by 31 MARCH 2013 to the Chair of the committee for this award:
Professor Bonnie Morris
Selection process for the award:
(NB. - Research contribution is broadly defined and not limited to any type of specific research contribution.)
- Nominations should be sent by the annual date proposed (announced as appropriate by email each year).
- To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must be a current member of the AAA.
- A member of the SET Section must nominate the individual.
- The nominating letter must include a statement as to why the individual is nominated and an assessment of the individual's research (which can include peer-reviewed books, monographs, and journal articles relating to research in the field of SET).
- Members of the Executive Committee are ineligible for the award.
Previous Recipients of this Award
- 1994 - Barbro Back
- 1995 - Dan O'Leary
- 1996 - Raj Srivastava
- 1997 - Carol Brown
- 1998 - Miklos Vasarhelyi
- 1999 -
- 2000 - Amelia Baldwin
- 2001 - Alex Kogan
- 2002 - Ram Sriram
- 2003 - Steve Sutton
- 2004 - Andrew Lymer
- 2005 - Roger Debreceny
- 2006 - Stewart Leech
- 2007 - Bill McCarthy
- 2008 - Vicky Arnold
- 2009 - Murphy Smith
- 2010 - Andreas Nicolaou
- 2011 -
- 2012 - Guido Geerts
- 2013 - Jagdish Pathak
Do please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you have about anything you find on these pages - the section's webmanager, Rob Nehmer, can be contacted on email@example.com.