Welcome to the SET Section Home Page
This site provides you with a comprehensive view of the activities and interests of the Srategic and Emerging Technologies (SET) section of the American Accounting Association. Use the navigation to the left hand side of each page to move around our site.
Sponsored by CaseWare Idea, Inc.
The SET Section gratefully acknowledges the ongoing financial support of CaseWare IDEA Inc.
Announcements for Members
- NEW! 2012 Annual Business Meeting Minutes - Minutes of the 2012 business meetings have been approved and archived on the annual meeting site here.
- NEW! Design Science Research in Accounting Workshop Videos from the DRAW1 workshop at the 2013 Midyear Meeting posted to the podcasts and videos pages.
- NEW! Call for Papers for 22st Annual SET Workshop - the call for our next Workshop in Anaheim (August 3, 2013) has been posted to the Workshop pages.
- 2012 By-Laws - Approved changes to the By-Laws are available here.
- Transformative Technologies Workshop Videos - Videos from the first Transformative Technologies Workshop (requires AAA Commons login). Available from here
- Podcasts & Videos - Our series of podcasts and videos featuring experts from academia and the profession. Podcast and Videos Page
- The latest Section Newsletter (Winter 2012) is now available - from here
What's New on this site?
- Conference Announcement: 6th University of Kansas International Conference on XBRL and Information Systems: Transparency, Assurance, and Analysis Details can be downloaded here. - Date added:16 Jan 2013
- Conference Announcement: Text Analytics in Accounting, the first annual Special Topics in Strategic and Emerging Technologies in Accounting Conference Details can be downloaded here. - Date added:15 Jan 2013
- NEW! Videos Added to the Podcast Page here - Date added: November 14, 2012
- Winter 2012 Newsletter released - the latest Section newsletter is now available for access from our Newsletter section here. - Date added: March 2, 2012
Do please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you have about anything you find on these pages - the section's webmanager, Rob Nehmer, can be contacted on email@example.com.