Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting (JETA)
Print ISSN: 1554-1908 | Electronic ISSN: 1558-7940
JETA is the academic journal of the Artificial Intelligence/Emerging Technologies Section of the American Accounting Association. The purpose of this section is to improve and facilitate the research, education, and practice of advanced information systems, cutting-edge technologies, and artificial intelligence in the fields of accounting, information technology and management advisory systems. The primary criterion for publications in JETA is the significance of contribution made to the literature.
To encourage, support and disseminate the production of a stream of high-quality research focused on emerging technologies and artificial intelligence applied or applicable to a wide set of accounting related problems.
To provide an outlet for studies that are:
To foster a community of ongoing scholarly discussions that emphasizes the concept that any singly published high quality research study will be but one extraction and culmination of knowledge in the overall research agenda of both the authors and researchers with similar interests. A refereed online discussion forum facilitiates these ongoing scholarly discussions.
- Forward-looking research regarding technologies and their impact on the accounting and business environments;
- Discovery and exploratory researchabout technologival environments, including artificial intelligence;
- Conceptual research about the technological environment;
- Field research of emerging and relatively new technologies;
- Archival and retrospective studies of the life cycle of previously emerging technologies with a focus on a historical perspective of such technologies and the knowledge that can be gained in the current and future adoption and implementation of emerging technologies and
- Integrative plans for introducing, managing and controlling emerging technologies in all areas of accounting (audit, financial, cost, tax etc.) including both practice and curriculum issues.
To access the full Editorial Policy (including author submission information and details of the review process operated by this journal), as laid out by the editor in Volume 1, Issue 1, see here. (pdf document - 75K)
Other JETA information available from this site
Access full JETA articles
Subscribers to JETA and members of the AIET section, can access full text of JETA articles from the AAA online journals database here.
Also use this address to purchase articles from JETA on a pay-per-view basis.
Do please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you have about anything you find on these pages - the section's webmanager, Rob Nehmer, can be contacted on email@example.com.