About the Southwest Region
The Southwest Region of the American Accounting Association consists of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- To hold regional meetings for the presentation and discussion of subjects in accounting and allied fields of interest to members of the Southwest Regional Association and the national Association.
- To support the national Association in the accomplishment of certain of its announced objectives:
- To initiate, encourage and sponsor research in accounting, auditing, taxation and management advisory services, and to publish or aid in the publication of the results of research;
- To advance accounting instruction and to encourage qualified individuals to enter careers in the teaching of accounting, auditing, taxation and management advisory services; and
- To advance a widespread knowledge of accounting, auditing, taxation and management advisory services among qualified students and the public, generally.