The Board of Directors invites Members of the Association to nominate multiple qualified AAA Members and/or themselves as candidates for the 2020-2021 AAA Nominations Committee.
It is the responsibility of the AAA Nominations Committee to nominate and select candidates for the Board of Director officers and present a slate of qualified, acceptable candidates to the membership for a vote in Spring 2021.
Five nominees for the 2020-2021 AAA Nominations Committee will be voted on during the March 2020 Council Meeting and will serve for a one-year term beginning September 1, 2020. The five elected members may not be current members of either the Council or the Board of Directors.
Key Leadership Roles and Responsibilities of the AAA Nominations Committee:
- Nominate and select candidates for Board of Directors positions for election by the membership in Spring 2020.
- Members of the Nominations Committee are not eligible for nomination to the Board of Directors during their term on the Nominations Committee.
- The committee consists of the two most recent Past Presidents and five members elected by Council for a one-year term beginning September 1, 2019.
- The Committee meets in-person once a year in late October or early November; and holds 1-2 webinars between June and November.
Resources related to the AAA Nominations Committee:
Nominations Deadline is Noon EST on Monday, March 2, 2020.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
PLEASE NOTE: AAA Members may nominate multiple qualified candidates. There is no limit to the number of candidates you may nominate.
1. Contact each nominee and confirm their willingness to be nominated and to serve if elected.
2. Gather the following required information for each nominee: full name and affiliation, confirmation that they are willing to be nominated and to serve if elected, and up to five reasons you are nominating the AAA member.
Note: Prior to submitting nominees’ names, each nominee must have been contacted and agreed to be nominated and to serve if elected. Each nominee will be contacted by AAA Professional Staff in order to confirm their knowledge of their nomination, agreement to be nominated, and willingness to serve if elected.
3. Complete a nomination form for each of your nominees by clicking on the link below and following the instructions on the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Governance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-556-4117.