2022 MAS/IMA Teaching Case Conference - Jointly Sponsored by the AAA Management Accounting Section and Institute of Management Accountants
Call for Cases
2022 MAS/IMA Teaching Case Conference - Jointly Sponsored by the AAA Management Accounting Section and the Institute of Management Accountants
Conference Date: October 7 – 8, 2022
Haile College of Business, Northern Kentucky University
Highland Heights, KY (Northern Kentucky - Cincinnati area)
In addition to the regular submission, the organizing committee for the MAS/IMA Teaching Case Conference is requesting case submissions with special interest in cases for Data Analytics, DEI, and Sustainability (ESG). Please see the new submission category below, Case Ideas!
- Cases will be accepted for consideration from April 1 until June 29, 2022
- Submit cases together with teaching notes in electronic form to Dr. Amal Said, email: SaidA1@NKU.edu
- Cases will be considered for conference acceptance by the IMA IECJ Editorial Review Board
- The organizing committee prefers (but does not require) practitioner involvement as coauthors and presenters
- If the author wishes to have his/her case considered for publication by the IECJ, accepted cases will be forwarded to the IMA for first round review at IECJ. Authors will have the opportunity to modify their original documents to meet publication guidelines.
- Authors will be notified of conference acceptance by July 15, 2022.
- Accepted cases will be considered for the IMA "Best Case Award" that will be presented at the conference along with a $1,000 cash award.
- The winner of the Best Case Award also will be recognized and asked to present their case at the MAS Midyear Meeting in Atlanta, GA (January 5 – 7, 2023)
Developing your Case Idea - New Submission Category!
Do you have an idea or situation for a teaching case but still trying to work through the details for student learning objectives? Would you like to have time to present for, and obtain feedback about your idea from an associate editor for the IMA Educational Case Journal? Could you benefit from guidance in designing your measures of efficacy? Take advantage of this new submission category at the conference. Submit your case idea, along with the specific element(s) where you could benefit from feedback.
For selected cases, a roundtable presentation session, which will be attended by an IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ) associate editor and other conference attendees, will be scheduled to develop your case to publication."
The organizing committee is excited about the case conference and looks forward to receiving your case submissions.
Director: Dr. Amal Said, Haile College of Business, Northern Kentucky University
Co-Director: Dr. Christine Denison, Ivy School of Business, Iowa State University
IMA Liaison: Dr. Qi “Susie” Duong, Director of Research, Institute of Management Accountants