Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Lifetime Service Award. Specifically:
- Select at most two recipient(s) of the Lifetime Service Award to be presented at the AAA Annual Meeting.
The Lifetime Service Award recognizes service contributions to accounting education over a sustained period of time through:
- Service to the AAA, including its Sections and Regions, on committees, task forces, special projects, leadership,and AAA publications.
- Service with the education efforts in the profession through involvement with the AICPA, IMA, and other accounting professional organizations.
- Service with the education efforts of public accounting firms, corporations, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Nominations are especially encouraged that propose AAA members whose career contributions have made a significant impact beyond their own institutions.
- Any person or group, including the award committee, may make nominations; self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award.
- Five committee members, including the Chair, are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- Committee members should be past members of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, or others with a knowledge of service contributions to the organization.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News.
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the Chair with the dates that the award's Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- The nominator will receive an acknowledgement message from the AAA Awards Coordinator upon receipt of the nomination.
- By the end of the second week of February the AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair a link to the nominations that have been submitted.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org of the winner and the winner's correct contact information including affiliation and email by April 15th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program and inclusion on our website.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award that will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify a Member Services representative so arrangements can be made to ensure that Lifetime Membership is provided to the award winner.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report that will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).