Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Literature Award. Specifically:
- Select the recipient(s) of the award from those articles, monographs, or books, published in English, identified by the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee as potentially distinguished contributions in accounting literature.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- The committee meets as needed.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st to the Chair of the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief supporting statement (no more than 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria.
- During the first week of February, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, will send to the Chair of the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee a link to the nominations that have been submitted for the Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Literature Award.
- The Screening Committee will select nominees for the Distinguished Contributions award based on the award criteria.
- The Chair of the Screening Committee will provide a set of nominees for the Selection Committee to the AAA Awards Coordinator by March 2nd.
- During the first week of March, the AAA Awards Coordinator will send a link to the nominations that have been accepted by the Screening Committee to the Chair of the Selection Committee.
- The Selection committee will select award recipient(s) based on the award criteria.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org of the winner(s) along with the following information by April 15th:
- The winner and the winner's correct contact information including affiliation and email, the award author(s) name(s), and the title of the paper.
- If the paper has been previously published in a journal, the Chair will need to include the name of the journal, the page numbers, and the volume/issue/year of the publication.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner.
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for an announcement on the AAA website.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair and Awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).