AIS Section Awards
The Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Section of the American Accounting Association (AAA) seeks nominations for the 2016 Notable Contribution to the AIS Literature and the 2016 Outstanding Dissertation Awards. Award winners will be honored with plaques presented at the AIS Section Business Meeting at the 2016 AAA Annual Meeting.
Criteria applicable to both awards:
- Impact on accounting information systems research, theory, or practice communities.
- Relevance to and impact on the IS and/or accounting research and practice communities.
- Topical or methodological originality and innovation.
- Exceptional development of theory.
- Awards will be granted only if the committee deems the research contribution meets criteria.
- The author of the work must be a member of the AIS Section of the AAA during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The entry should not be simultaneously submitted for consideration for an award sponsored by any other section of the American Accounting Association.
Criteria unique to the Contribution to the Literature Award:
- Consideration shall be given to peer-reviewed books, monographs, and journal articles on research topics and methods in the field of accounting information systems (broadly defined).
- Published journal articles may be in any journal.
- The work must have been published prior to December 31, 2014.
Criteria unique to the Outstanding Dissertation Award:
- The dissertation must have been defended no earlier than January 30, 2015 but no later than January 30, 2016.
- Nomination must be made by an AAA AIS Section member; Self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominating emails should include statements of the importance of the work and its current or potential impact on accounting information systems theory or practice.
- An electronic copy of the work must be provided. For the Outstanding Dissertation Award, a working paper that meets the criteria for submission to JIS should be provided.
- Submissions must be in either Word or pdf format; electronic submission only.
- Members of this year's Award Committee are not eligible.
Please send nominations to the appropriate Committee Chair:
Notable contributions to the literature: Vern Richardson (VRichardson@walton.uark.edu)
Outstanding Dissertation: Barry Mishra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: March 15, 2016