Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
||Thank you to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for generously supporting the Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award!
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2019 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee invites nominations of outstanding articles, books, monographs, AICPA-sponsored research studies, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications.
Award Selection Criteria
Nominated items must have been published from 2014 to 2018 and must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and potential magnitude of contribution to accounting education
- Practice and/or future accounting research
- Breadth of potential interest
- Originality and innovative content
- Clarity and organization of exposition
- Soundness and appropriateness of methodology
- The winner(s) will receive an award and $2,500 at the AAA Annual Meeting. If multiple winners, the amount is divided equally.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- All nominees nominated for a given year’s award – who are not selected for that year’s award – will be automatically considered for the award for the following two (2) years – as long as the nominated work meets the publishing requirements (see below). Nominees who were not selected for the 2018 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2019 Award and, if not chosen for the 2019 Award, will also be considered for the 2020 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2020 Award, if a qualified nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- Publishing criteria for 2018 Award - Nominated work must have been published during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (between 2013 and 2017)
- Publishing criteria for 2019 Award - Nominated work must have been published during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (between 2014 and 2018)
- Publishing criteria for 2020 Award - Nominated work must have been published during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (between 2015 and 2019)
- Academic and practitioner nominations are welcome.
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic copy (Word or PDF) of the article, book, monograph, AICPA-sponsored research study, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications that meets the award criteria, and
- A brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the above-listed award selection criteria.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2019 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the Professional Staff Liaison.
- All documents submitted in support of your nomination become the property of the American Accounting Association and will not be returned. Do not submit irreplaceable documents.