Welcome! We're glad you're here.
Join the American Taxation Association
- To foster the dissemination and publication of taxation materials.
- To promote tax education in areas such as curricula, education-related materials, graduate tax programs, and accreditation.
- To promote tax research in areas such as policy, law, planning, compliance, and economics.
- To encourage the interaction of tax academics, practitioners, and professional organizations.
Section Member Benefits
- The ATA Section publishes two premier journals. The Journal of the American Taxation promotes the study of, and the acquisition of knowledge about, taxation. The Journal of Legal Tax Research publishes creative and innovative studies that employ legal research methodologies.
- The ATA midyear meeting includes a Doctoral Consortium and Teaching and Curriculum Conference, teaching and research sessions, and the opportunity to earn CPE, volunteer and network.
- The ATA recognizes member contributions through awards such as Ray Sommerfield Outstanding Accounting Educator Award, ATA Teaching Innovation Award, the ATA Outstanding Service Award, ATA/PricewaterhouseCoopers Outstanding Dissertation Award, and the ATA Tax Manuscript Award.
- The ATA offers the opportunity for professional development and the opportunity for interaction of tax academics, practitioners, and professional organizations.
A Letter From Our President
ATA Section President
Greetings ATA Members and Colleagues,
Welcome to the 2023/2024 academic year!
First, thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your president this year. The ATA is an extraordinarily collegial group, and I feel privileged that it has been a significant part of my professional life since I was a PhD student at the University of Texas, 20-plus years ago. Over the years, I have seen the ATA change and evolve to better meet the needs of its members, but one thing remains the same – the ATA continues to be my primary professional home outside my own university.
The 36th Annual American Taxation Association (ATA) Midyear Meeting
The Midyear Meeting takes place on February 23 and 24, 2024 in Long Beach, California. Please join us in fostering lifelong CONNECTIONS and experiencing new LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES. The 2024 Midyear Meeting Planning Committee is planning a great program. We promise a diverse and cutting-edge program. On Thursday, February 22, 2024, prior to the ATA Midyear Meeting, we will also hold the 20th Annual ATA Tax Doctoral Consortium and the 10th Annual Teaching and Curriculum Conference.
From Analytics to Auditing, or Corporate Tax to Tax Law, there are great career opportunities awaiting you in Tax related fields.