The 2020-2021 Nominations Committee announces the slate of officers for President-Elect, Vice President-Finance-Elect, Vice President-Research & Publications and Director-Focusing on Segments.
The 2020-2021Council Ballot Committee (CBC) created the slate for the Board position of Director-Focusing on Segments. Through the work of the CBC, there are consistently three Board positions for which Council chooses the candidates for the slate. The Nominations Committee created the slate for the additional three positions.
Current candidates for the 2021-2022 Board of Directors positions are listed below. The election will take place in Spring 2021.
- Mark C. Dawkins – University of North Florida
- Mark Higgins – Saint Louis University
- Eric D. Bostwick – University of West Florida - Pensacola
- Anne M. Farrell – Miami University
Vice President–Research & Publications
- Jonathan Glover – Columbia University
- Sarah E. McVay – University of Washington
Director-Focusing on Segments
- Timothy J. Rupert – Northeastern University
- David M. Stott – Ohio University
- New officers will serve on the Board of Directors for three years beginning at the Annual Meeting in August 2021.
- Consistent with the AAA Bylaws, additional nominations may be made by a petition signed by not less than one hundred (100) members of the Association submitted to the Chief Executive Officer at the AAA headquarters office at 9009 Town Center Parkway, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202, and received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Thursday, December 31, 2020. Persons so nominated must have previously agreed to serve if elected. The membership of the Association shall be notified prior to the election of the nominations made by petition.
- In January 2021, a "Get to Know the Candidates" page will be posted on our website and available for members to view until online voting begins.
- Online voting shall begin on or about February 15, 2021.
- According to the AAA Bylaws, the election shall take place by mail, facsimile, or electronic vote of the members. (Detailed voting instructions will be provided later via the AAA website and multi-topic emails.)
- Regular and Life members of the Association are eligible to vote in elections conducted by the Association; however, Student members are not eligible to participate in the Association election process.
- Paper ballots will be mailed to all members 1) without a valid email address and 2) who are on the AAA "do not email" list (who have opted out of receiving emails).
Nominations Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
The AAA Nominations Committee shall consist of the two most recent Past Presidents willing and able to serve and five members elected by Council. The five elected members cannot be current members of either Council or the Board of Directors. The Nominations Committee shall be chaired by the most senior, in service, of the Past Presidents serving. Members of the Nominations Committee are not eligible for nomination. Members of the 2020-2021 Nominations Committee are: Marc Rubin, Miami University, AAA Past President; Terry Shevlin, University of California-Irvine; AAA Past President; Pat Poli, Fairfield University; Scott Showalter, North Carolina State University; Steve Stubben, The University of Utah; Wendy Tietz, Kent State University-Kent, Scott Vandervelde, University of South Carolina, and Yvonne Hinson, AAA Chief Executive Officer, (ex-officio).
Council Ballot Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
In 2011, Council established the policy that the Council Ballot Committee (CBC) would function as a "committee of the whole." Each year the CBC will choose at least two names to appear on the ballot for one position on the Board of Directors ballot. The standing Council Ballot Committee, established with the Bylaws revision, comprises all Council members with the exception of the Board of Directors. Brigitte Muehlmann, Babson College, chaired the 2020-2021 CBC.
Questions? Please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Governance Manager, at email@example.com or (941) 556-4117.