Leverage Your Expertise in Peer Review
Pathway to Becoming a Journal Reviewer and Editor
Learn more about the path to becoming a journal reviewer and editor! Click below to view a recording from the 2021 Annual Meeting featuring a panel which discusses how to get involved with journals.View Video
Writing Constructive Review Reports
Click below to view a video presented by professor Teri Lombardi Yohn, Professor of Accounting at Emory University, in which she provides a framework for evaluating research and explains how writing a quality review benefits the author, the reviewer and, ultimately, the peer review process.View Video
How to Review a Paper
Click below to view a journal article detailing how to review a paper. This paper introduces the review process to new researchers, describes the institutional background for reviews, and provides advice to reviewers. The objectives of a quality review are (1) to assist the editor in their gatekeeping role, and (2) to assist the authors in improving their work.View Article
in Three Easy Steps
- REGISTER. Get your unique ORCID identifier: Register now! Registration takes 30 seconds.
- ADD YOUR INFO. Enhance your ORCID record with your professional information.
- USE YOUR ORCID ID. Authors submitting to AAA journals will be asked to create or connect their ORCID iDs at manuscript submission. Be sure to include your ORCID iD on your webpage, when you submit publications, apply for grants, and in any research workflow to ensure you get credit for your work.
Create or Connect your ORCID
Submission Requirements and Copyright Permissions
Author Submission Information
Authors must review all of the following documents before submitting to a journal:
Required Documents to Submit:
Manuscripts submitted without these documents will be returned to the author(s)
Copyright & Permissions
Click here to view
Copyright & Permissions
Let Us Help You Get Published!
Manuscript preparation support now available to all authors.
The American Accounting Association (AAA), in partnership with Editage, offers pre-submission manuscript preparation services to authors. Editage's highly qualified and experienced publication experts in relevant fields provide editing, translation, and publication assistance at each stage of the submission process. Post-review support is also available to help authors feel more confident in their manuscript revisions.
Click Here to get started now at aaahq.org/AuthorServices
Thinking About Submitting a Manuscript to One of the AAA's 17 Journals?
Take advantage of a free pre-submission check!
Run your manuscript through Paperpal Preflight to check for the most common errors and perform a language quality review.
Receive instant feedback of all issues detected based on a specific journal's technical checklist with the option to purchase a Paperpal Edited Word file which includes all fixes and suggestions. Gain peace of mind that your paper is ready for journal submission today!
Each journal has a Paperpal submission link specific to its technical checklist and editorial policies. Click here to view all journals, then select one to get started with Paperpal.
- Annual Editor Report and Journal Information Packet
- Journal Editors and AAA Membership Policy
- Policy on Dissemination of Meeting Papers
- Policy on Prior Publication
- Expanding the Number of Articles per Issue or the Number of Annual Issues of a Journal
- Starting a New Journal
Policies on Publication Ethics
- Data Integrity
- Citing Corrected Articles
- Minimizing Overlapping Decision Rights
- Human Subjects Research
Click Here to see the work of the Publications Ethics Task Force