2021 Call for Nominations for the International Council Member-at-Large
The Board of Directors invites Members of the Association to nominate an AAA International Member and/or themselves as candidates for the position of International Council Member-at-Large. During the upcoming March Board Meeting, the Board will appoint the International Council Member-at-Large to serve on Council for a three-year term (2021-2024) which will begin at the conclusion of the 2021 Annual Meeting.
Key Leadership Roles and Responsibilities of the Council Member-at-Large position:
- Optimal consideration will be given to nominees who are global citizens living and working outside the United States.
- Nominees must be current active members of the Association.
- The three-year term will begin at the conclusion of the 2021 Annual Meeting. Also serves a three-year term as a member of the Global Engagement Committee.
- Attends Council Meetings - Virtual or in-person meetings: November, March, and August; with one standing virtual meeting in April/May.
- Invited to attend the Council meeting held at the 2021 Annual Meeting and the Global Gathering held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
- Supporting the AAA’s mission of being Thought Leaders in Accounting, the current Board and Council are developing initiatives to transform the AAA’s role within the academy globally, and within the profession, broadly defined. Appreciation for and connections with colleagues in practice is desirable.
- Click Here for a list of additional Council duties as stated in the AAA Bylaws.
Resources related to the AAA International Council Member-at Large:
Nominations Deadline is Noon EST on Friday, March 5, 2021.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
PLEASE NOTE: AAA Members may nominate multiple qualified candidates. There is no limit to the number of candidates you may nominate.
1. Contact each nominee and confirm their willingness to be nominated and to serve if elected.
2. Gather the following information for each nominee: full name and affiliation, confirmation that they are willing to be nominated and to serve if elected, and up to five reasons you are nominating the AAA member.
Note: Prior to submitting nominees’ names, each nominee must have been contacted and agreed to be nominated and to serve if elected. Each nominee will be contacted by AAA Professional Staff in order to confirm their knowledge of their nomination, agreement to be nominated, and willingness to serve if elected.
3. Complete a nomination form for each of your nominees by clicking on the link below and following the instructions on the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Maciag, Executive and Board Services Manager, at email@example.com or 941-556-4131.