The Western Region of the American Accounting Association consists of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The Western Region ascribes to the goals and objectives stated in Article II of the American Accounting Association By-Laws. Our primary goal is to create a community of peers who value scholarship, academic improvement, and creativity. It is our goal to encourage exchange of ideas among our members related to accounting research, education, and environmental forces facing the profession. More specifically, we strive to:
- Facilitate a broad-based member participation in the activities and programs of the American Accounting Association;
- Sponsor broad-based research and educational programs for the benefit of its members;
- Offer continuing education programs that shall be coordinated with the AAA's director of education;
- Tailor each meeting to the specific needs and desires of the regional members, and strive to draw on the talents of a broad spectrum of members in the Region; and
- Publish the proceedings of each meeting.