Do you have a story or experience related to your membership at the AAA that you wish to share? Writing and sharing a personal story can be a profound experience for the storyteller as well as for those reading. "Share Your Story" aims to have AAA members relate their personal successes, funny anecdotes, or other tales related to how the AAA has impacted their professional and personal lives. As we are readying to celebrate 100 years at the AAA, we know that there are many tales to be shared – so, please consider sharing your experiences!
Be it trying or triumphant, insightful or inspiring, we would love to read your story and consider it for publication on the AAA Centennial website. Sharing your story is as simple as submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the following terms and specifications:
- To be considered for posting, your story must be no longer than 250 words long. Content longer than 250 words may be edited for space. If your story contains details about anyone else, you shall verify that you have permission to share such details.
- We reserve the right to edit your story as we deem necessary, without notice.
- We reserve the right to decline to publish any story, for any reason, without notice.
- Photographs may be submitted along with your story. You verify that photos are owned by you and that you have the right to offer them for publication on the AAA website.
If you have any questions about story submissions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing your story!
By submitting any content or written work (hereafter "Work") for the Centennial website, including comments, articles, and other written Work to aaahq.org, you hereby grant to aaahq.org the exclusive rights to the Work under the terms herein.
- You grant to AAA the irrevocable, perpetual right to copy, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, display, revise, edit, manipulate, create derivative works of, and use, the Work in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, digital media available through the World Wide Web, without limitation and without any further compensation. You agree that AAA may republish and display the Work in conjunction with the works of others, including written works and photographic works, to be chosen at the sole discretion of AAA.
- To the extent any applicable law or treaty prohibits the transfer or assignment of any moral rights or rights of restraint You have in the Work, You hereby waive those rights as to AAA, its successors, licensees or assigns. You hereby waive any rights of attribution in and to the Work.
- You acknowledge that AAA has the right and ability to edit the Work, change any formatting, modify titles, and make any change which it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- Prior to submitting the Work, You shall identify any and all previously copyrighted material used or cited in the Work. You represent and warrant that You have obtained the written permission of all other copyright owners and have the right and ability to license such rights to AAA.
- You warrant and represent that You are the sole author of the Work, that You have the full right, power, and authority to grant the rights herein, and that the rights have not heretofore been assigned or otherwise encumbered and are in all respects free and clear; that the Work is my original creation and has not been published before in whole or in part, and does NOT infringe the copyright or any other proprietary right of any other party; and that the Work contains no material that is defamatory, libelous, obscene, violates any right of privacy, or is otherwise contrary to law.