Studies in Accounting Research
The Research and Publications Committee is currently accepting proposals and completed works for evaluation for possible publication in Studies in Accounting Research (SAR).
- To provide an outlet for authors to develop an in depth consideration of a research topic or area
- To ensure SAR are of high quality; and
- To identify topics that are timely and of broad interest to our members.
Process for Submitting Proposals and Completed Works
- The Research and Publications Committee will coordinate the SAR series including soliciting, inviting, reviewing, and evaluating proposals.
- When a monograph or proposal is submitted, the Chair of the Research and Publications Committee will identify a subcommittee to process the manuscript.
- AAA Professional Staff will work with the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications to advertise and promote the Call for Proposal.
- Proposals should be of appropriate length and specificity to provide a basis to determine the likely outcome and value of the work (e.g., 5–10 pages).
- A vita from each author is required.
- Funding is not available from the AAA for the author(s).
- Proposals and completed works will be evaluated by the subcommittee of three or more members that is established for an accepted proposal or completed work. The selection of members of the review committee will be based upon recommendations of the author(s) and the AAA Vice President-Research and Publications with the objective of forming a mutually acceptable group that is highly conversant with the area and possesses established research records.
- The Committee will provide comments and suggestions and, upon completion, make a recommendation to the AAA Vice President-Research and Publications as to whether the work meets SAR criteria.
- For proposals, the committee will also monitor the work as it is being completed.
- Appropriate milestones and time limits will be established for the completion of the work.
- It is envisioned that about one SAR will be published every year.
- The AAA will publicize, publish, and distribute sufficient copies based on orders received from members and non-members.
Proposals and completed works should be submitted to the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications, Sarah McVay, by either email or regular mail to:
Vice President-Research & Publications
University of Washington
Foster School of Business
Seattle, WA 98195