Studies in Accounting Research
The Research Committee is currently accepting proposals and completed works for evaluation for possible publication in Studies in Accounting Research.
- To provide an outlet for authors to develop an in depth consideration of a research topic or area
- To ensure SAR are of high quality; and
- To identify topics that are timely and of broad interest to our members.
Process for Submitting Proposals and Completed Works
- AAA Professional Staff will work with the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications to advertise and promote the Call for Proposal.
- Proposals should be of appropriate length and specificity to provide a basis to determine the likely outcome and value of the work (e.g., 5–10 pages).
- A vita from each author is required.
- Funding is not available from the AAA for the author(s).
- Proposals and completed works will be evaluated by the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications and the Research Committee for suitability. A review committee of three or more members will be established for an accepted proposal or completed work. The committee will provide comments and suggestions, and upon completion, make a recommendation to the AAA Vice President - Research & Publications as to whether the work meets SAR criteria.
- For proposals, the committee will also monitor the work as it is being completed.
- Appropriate milestones and time limits will be established for the completion of the work.
- The selection of members of the review committee will be based upon recommendations of the author(s) and the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications with the objective of forming a mutually acceptable group that is highly conversant with the area and possesses established research records. The review committee may include a member of the Research Committee at the time the work is approved to provide continuity.
- It is envisioned that about one SAR will be published every year.
- The AAA will publicize, publish, and distribute sufficient copies based on orders received from members and non-members.
Proposals and completed works should be submitted to the AAA Vice President-Research & Publications, Mark DeFond, by either email or regular mail to:
Vice President-Research & Publications
University of Southern California
Leventhal School of Accounting
3670 Trousdale Pkwy,
Los Angeles, CA 90089