Submitted to the Auditing Midyear Conference
Outside nominations are not solicited for this award. The paper is chosen through the conference submission process.
- The paper can be single-authored, or co-authored. If the paper is co-authored, the PhD student must be the presenting author.
- The PhD student-author must be a PhD student as of the deadline for submitting the paper to the Midyear Conference.
- The PhD student may be employed at an institution other than the PhD granting institution.
- The paper may be related to the dissertation, but does not have to be related to the dissertation.
- Submissions for this award do not affect the eligibility of the student to also apply for the Outstanding Dissertation Award. NOTE: Beginning with the 2009 Auditing Midyear Conference, the winner of the Outstanding Dissertation Award will receive a $2,500 monetary award.