To volunteer for this committee, please click HERE.
Plan and hold the annual AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium. The Consortium should provide a forum for stimulating participating doctoral students to pursue research in significant subject areas. Specifically:
- The Committee will plan an informal orientation meeting, large-group presentations, small discussion groups, and informal lounge sessions conducive to relaxed discussions among students and faculty.
- New Committee members are appointed prior to the Annual Meeting by the AAA Management Team.
- The committee consists of nine members, including the Chair, Chair-Elect and Past Chair, serving staggered three-year terms.
- Three committee members constitute the leadership group -- a Chair, Past Chair, and Chair-Elect.
- One new committee member each year is named Chair-Elect by the AAA Management Team and this person serves one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past Chair of the committee (a three-year term in all).
- The committee meets annually during the AAA Annual Meeting.
- The Doctoral Consortium is held in the summer, but at a different time than the Annual Meeting.
- The Doctoral Consortium will be held in June 2021.
- To fulfill the committee charge as above.
- After the event takes place, a report to the Board of Directors Liaison, AAA President, and Chief Executive Officer is prepared by the Chair or Co-Chairs and should include an overview of highlights of the event, a description of the program and list of participants, actual expenditures compared with the budget and the effectiveness of the program as evaluated by the Chair or Co-Chairs, Faculty, and the student participants. The report is to be emailed to Professional Staff Liaison, Beverly Collins, at Beverly@aaahq.org filed no later than July 15th.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact theChief Executive Officer, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.