2018 Doctoral Student Travel Scholarship
Diversity Section Meeting of the American Accounting Association
October 26-28, 2018 • Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown in Atlanta, Georgia
The Diversity Section will offer a scholarship to cover travel costs for a doctoral student to attend and present at the 2018 Diversity section midyear meeting in Atlanta, Georgia.
The goal of this scholarship is to enable a doctoral student to develop professionally, build strategic alliances with peers and to encourage scholarly research and presentations. The Diversity Section will reimburse reasonable travel expenses to attend the meeting related to registration, airfare, and hotel, not to exceed $500. The scholarship winner must be able to attend the entire conference to be eligible for reimbursement.
Use this form to apply for the doctoral travel funding.
The applicant must be:
1. A full-time student enrolled in an accounting doctoral program
2. A member of the Diversity Section of the AAA (joining at the conference is acceptable)
3. Presenting a paper at the AAA Diversity Section conference
4. Not otherwise receiving travel funding for the trip
5. Not currently employed outside of the doctoral program
Application submission and deadline:
1. Complete the Doctoral Student Travel Scholarship Application.
2. Provide a letter of support from the department chair/dean (must be written on department stationery).
3. Provide a bio not to exceed three paragraphs.
4. All materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., August 24, 2018.
Submit Doctoral Student Travel Scholarship Application and all materials by email (preferably all materials in one email) to the 2018-2019 President of the Diversity Section:
Address the email to:
Peter Johnson (2018-2019 President of the Diversity Section of the AAA)
University of Alabama
Evaluations and notifications will be made by September 27, 2018.
If you have any additional questions regarding this program, please contact Peter Johnson, 2018-2019 President of the Diversity Section at email@example.com.