2022 Auditing Section Midyear Meeting, January 13-15
Delivery Method: Group Live
The 2022 Auditing Section Midyear Meeting is to be held January 13th – 15th, 2022 at the Sahara Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada. We plan to offer a full conference experience, including a doctoral consortium, the Excellence in Auditing Education workshop, paper and plenary sessions, as well as many opportunities to connect with colleagues.
This meeting will be in-person only and there will not be a virtual component!
Learning Objectives for Midyear Meeting:
- Understand the impact of new and emerging technologies on audit practice.
- Recognize factors which impact auditor judgment and decision making based on the latest academic research.
- Identify some of the determinants of audio quality and understand how audit quality can be measured.
- Understand factors that impact audit firm staffing, culture, and governance.
- Recognize the impact of regulatory policies on audit firms and their clients.
Learning Objectives for Doctoral Consortium:
- Develop strategic goals to maximize effectiveness in teaching and research
- Leverage resources at your university to improve job performance
- Develop and foster important relationship with coauthors and colleagues
- Navigate and improve the editorial process
Learning Objectives for Workshop:
- Understand auditors' responsibilities regarding non-financial disclosures, including ESG, cybersecurity risks, non-GAAP measures, and KPIs.
- Understand how auditors consider non-financial information (e.g., ESG, cybersecurity) when planning and performing the financial statement audit and when performing standalone attest engagements.
- Use Alteryx software to perform cybersecurity audit procedures.
To register for this event, click here.
To be awarded the full credit hours, you must register your attendance and departure on the Sign-In/Sign-Out sheets in the back of each session room. Once we move to a digital process, you will be able to scan in and out of sessions.
- Attendees can earn up to 4.8 CPE credits at the Doctoral Consortium.
- Attendees can earn up to 5 CPE credits at the Excellence in Auditing Education Workshop.
- Attendees can earn up to 14.6 CPE credits at the Midyear Meeting.
Fields of Study: Auditing, Accounting, Personal Development (Personal Development credits available for Doctoral Consortium only).
Program Level: Update, Overview
Advance Preparation: None
*CPE Information: Please note that CPE information/credit hour totals may change slightly.
Refunds and Cancellations:
All cancellations must be received in writing at the AAA in order to be processed (emaill Info@aaahq.org). Cancellations received after December 13, 2021, will incur a $50 cancellation charge. No refunds will be available for cancellations after January 3, 2022, or for no-show.
For comments and concerns, please contact the AAA Office at (941) 921-7747 or email us at email@example.com.
The CPE Fields of Study curriculum is divided into twenty subject matter areas. These fields represent the primary knowledge and skill areas needed by accounting licensees to perform professional services in all fields of employment. Sessions that offer CPE credit have the Field of Study and Credit Hours (CH) in red. Each Credit Hour is based on 50 minutes. The Program Level for each of these sessions is Basic, unless otherwise stated. Delivery Method: Group Live
American Accounting Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org