- Alfred R. Roberts Memorial
- Barbara D. Merino Award
for Excellence in Accounting History Publication
- Best Paper Award
- Hourglass Award
- Innovation in Accounting
History Education Award
- Life Membership Award
- Margit F. and Hanns Martin
- Thomas J. Burns Biographical
- Vangermeersch Manuscript Award
Thank you for your award nominations.
2023 Nominations Deadline: March 1, 2023
Recipients Announced: April 15, 2023
Awards Presented: AAH Section Business Meeting at AAA Annual Meeting
The Academy has a number of prestigious awards presented every year. Please review the descriptions and nominate a colleague or yourself.
Each year, the administrator of the Academy will solicit nominations for all annual awards. The review and selection of awards will be completed by the Executive Committee with consultation of others as needed with the exception of the Alfred R. Roberts Memorial Research Award which will have its own unique selection committee. All awards recipients are to be announced to the membership via email, published in the Notebook and announced at a business meeting. For those awards for which a plaque is included, an in-person presentation at a conference will be made when possible. Some, but not all awards, include a small monetary award.
Overview of acceptable submissions:
- History of profession
- History of accounting change
- Entity case studies: industries, companies, governmental or NFP entities
- Development of accounting theory
- Critical examinations of new or old research
- Does not have to be old to be a part of our history