This June 11-12, the AAA is taking meetings online with Spark!
Introducing Spark, our digital meeting format for academics and practicing accountants.
As you know, over the past few months we've had to cancel several meetings due to the spread of COVID-19. These decisions were not taken lightly, and we regret having had to do it, knowing these are valued and highly anticipated events for our community.
But while the pandemic has disrupted many of our daily patterns, it has also made us realize that the form of a meeting does not dictate its purpose, or its value. It has challenged us to find new ways to convene in order to support our scholarship and shape the future.
This first Spark meeting combines several region and section meetings into a digital experience that will meet you where you are and present you with some new opportunities to explore. We've designed and built a conference platform and a presentation gallery that lets you participate in sessions in a flexible and personalized way. It preserves the key elements of traditional AAA meetings, while augmenting it with more opportunities to engage with your colleagues.
The June 11-12 Spark Meeting will be held from 11:00 EDT to 6:15 EDT daily. Each day will conclude with opportunities to catch up with colleagues at Block Parties held 6:15 EDT-7:15 EDT.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Access to a wider range of topics and sessions — 200 presentations that you can watch, in your own time
- Live keynotes and sessions identified by segments with moderated Q&As
- Section/Region Block Parties to unwind and catch up with colleagues and connect with your community
- New ways to participate in section/region activities and contribute to the AAA's evolution
- Up to 10 hours of CPE credits
BENEFITS TO PRESENTERS
- Reach a wider, global audience
- Presentations receive a DOI (digital object identifier) to increase discoverability and presence
- Presentations will be displayed in a virtual gallery—available to more people for a longer time
- Content is fully searchable, citable, and shareable
- Authors retain the rights to their content
- Office hours and tech support to help you prepare and feel confident
- Segment Block Parties to unwind and catch up with colleagues
Spark won't be exactly the same as meetings we've hosted before, and we're excited about that. This is an opportunity to leverage the power of digital gatherings and improve on the traditional conference model. We're eager to take what we learn from this event and apply it to our future programming.
This will be a thoughtful experiment that we look forward to embarking on. We're optimistic that how we set ourselves up now will strengthen our community and celebrate and elevate the practice we're so passionate about. We hope you will join us.