The objective of this Section is to give greater attention to financial accounting and reporting, and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of education, research, and professional practice by: (1) disseminating and evaluating teaching methods and materials; (2) encouraging, facilitating, and publicizing research interests and projects; and (3) creating opportunities for interchange and cooperation between academics and practitioners.
Become a member of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Section to meet others with similar interests. Section membership is just $50 per year.
Please contact any FARS officer or member for additional information about membership.
Section memberships are available for:
- American Accounting Association Members,
- Those not currently a member of The American Accounting Association
Student membership of the AAA is also possible - see further details here.
Dear FARS Members and Visitors,
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Section represents a diverse group of academics who, using a variety of research and teaching approaches, deepen our understanding of how financial reporting shapes the business world. We aim to advance research, education and professional practice of financial reporting and analysis.
Call for Participants
March 3, 2022, 1-4pm EST - Virtual
FARS Research Objectives:
- A. to encourage, facilitate, and publicize research in financial accounting and reporting.
- B. to communicate interests, intentions, and actual work-in-process in the area.
- C. to identify areas in need of research.
- D. to provide opportunities for public exposure of research results through AAA meetings (annual, regional, and special meetings devoted solely to financial accounting and reporting) and publications (including working papers and a separate journal for financial accounting and reporting, if warranted).