The Section shall serve the following purposes:
- To encourage, support, and promote interest in all aspects of international accounting through the American Accounting Association, both in the United States and throughout the rest of the world;
- To provide means of communication among AAA members, other academicians, and professional accountants interested in international accounting through:
- Regional and national Section meetings (held concurrently with meetings of the AAA or other organizations) as well as international meetings;
- An annual Section Midyear Conference;
- Publication of a newsletter (International Accounting Forum);
- Preparation of publications relevant to international accounting, particularly the Section journal (Journal of International Accounting Research);
- Collection and dissemination of information about international accounting courses taught throughout the world;
- Publication of a Section membershiplist (with indication of special interest areas); and
- Support of international liaison activities conducted by the AAA administrative office or other AAA committees, and the encouragement of international faculty exchanges;
- To encourage international accounting research by Section members and to provide a forum for exchange of research findings through:
- Appropriate programs at annual Section Meetings and Regional Meetings;
- Assisting AAA research committees and providing advisory groups for international accounting projects; and
- Monitoring of important international accounting events and foreign research;
- To facilitate, as far as feasible, special research, teaching, or information needs of Section members as they arise.
IAS Section President
I hope you are having a wonderful year so far! I don’t know that I’ve quite adjusted to a “new normal” after the height of the pandemic, but these last few years have certainly been an interesting time. Maybe it’s age, or the obscuring mists of time, but it sure feels like the rate of change has been much faster over the last five years than it was for the first fifteen of my academic career, and that’s including the heyday of international financial reporting convergence!
It is with great delight, therefore, that I’m able to return again and again to my International Accounting Section family. The home I have found in this wonderful group of people has been a balm for my soul. Whether you’ve been in the section for what feels like forever or you’re new to the team, I hope that the midyear and annual meetings are occasions for connection and celebration.
Journal of International Accounting
The Journal of International Accounting Research publishes articles that increase our understanding of the development and use of international accounting and reporting practices or attempt to improve extant practices. International accounting is broadly interpreted to include the reporting of international economic transactions; the study of differences among practices across countries; the study of interesting institutional and cultural factors that shape practices in a single country but have international implications; and the effect of international accounting practices on users. The Journal has a diverse readership and is interested in articles in auditing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, systems, tax, and other specialties within the field of accounting.
Steven Lin, Journal of International Accounting Research
2023 Annual Meeting
The meeting dates are:
2023 Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting – August 5-6, 2023
2023 AAA Annual Meeting Pre-Conference Workshops - August 5-6, 2023
2023 AAA Annual Meeting - August 7-9, 2023
Click Here for more information
2019 CPE Workshop Resources
Call for Nominations
Nominations for the IAS Outstanding Dissertation, Outstanding Service, and Outstanding Educator Awards are now open, please click here to learn more about these awards and the nominations process