The 2021 Annual Meeting Calls for Submission are now open
Submission Deadline Extended
We're looking forward to seeing you at the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting and Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA). We wanted to share with you some important updates about the meeting regarding submissions, the platform & meeting structure, and registration.
With many successful virtual midyear meetings under our belt, the AAA has been able to discover ways to make the virtual experience simpler to navigate and much more interactive, similar to how in-person sessions are handled. Midyear meeting attendance has been far beyond expectations with a much higher number of registrants, fantastic feedback, and participants staying engaged throughout the meetings - even for late sessions. In fact, research session presenters are finding the discussion and chat features to be extremely helpful in obtaining great feedback! We are also looking forward to expanding networking and exhibit formats, and feature exciting daily plenary sessions.
Annual Meeting Platform and Program Structure Update
The new Platform for 2021 will feature:
- No pre-recorded sessions with 100% live, interactive rooms for all panel, research & paper sessions.
- New daily session timing to allow for global member outreach for those presenting or discussing from a variety of time zones.
- Midday Plenary timing to allow for more participation.
- The ability to earn a wide range of valuable CPE credit hours.
- Enhanced Partner/Exhibitor experience allowing live interaction with members
- Back in 2021! – CTLA, Pre-Conference Workshops, Ethics Symposium, Poster Sessions & FASTCA-21. Submissions are open for these sessions - learn more HERE.
- Dynamic, daily evening networking lounge available to members, partners, Sections, Regions, and Alumni groups to meet up face to face and to host events. Reserve your space under the Events tab coming soon to the Annual Meeting website.
The AAA remains sensitive to financial concerns that universities are facing, and we are benchmarking other virtual business academic organization meetings and estimate costs and taking all of this into account as we set the fee for the 2021 Annual Meeting.