Concurrent Paper and Research Forum Sessions Submission Deadline: Monday, January 9, 2023
Concurrent Panel Sessions Submission Deadline: Monday, January 9, 2023
Pre-Conference Workshops Submission Deadline: Monday, January 9, 2023
The Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) Submission Deadline: February 9, 2023
27th Annual Ethics Research Symposium Submission Deadline: February 9, 2023
Effective Learning Strategies Interactive Session (ELS) Coming Soon
Emerging and Innovative Research Interactive Session Submission Deadline: April 5, 2023
Faculty-Student Collaborations in Accounting – FASTCA-23 Submission Deadline: May 10, 2023
Global Emerging Scholars Research Workshop Submission Deadline: May 10, 2023
Call for Submissions
The theme of the 2022 Annual Meeting in San Diego is “Growing our Impact.”
Click on titles for full details
2022 AAA Annual Meeting
San Diego County, California
What AAA Is Doing to Keep You Safe at In-Person Meetings
April 1, 2022
Seating and Spacing
· We continue to host events in the same large venues. However, we are spacing out seating where possible. Panelist’s seating will be spaced at least 3 feet apart and podiums will be spaced more than 3 feet away from the head table and the audience.
· While presenting, all speakers, presenters, discussants, etc. have the option of wearing a mask. Should the venue be more stringent than the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or local county protocols, we will follow the most stringent protocols in place at the time of the meeting.
· Out of an overabundance of caution and concern for the safety of our members, any AAA Staff attending and working meetings are fully vaccinated, including booster shots.
· While we strongly encourage our attendees to be vaccinated, we are not requiring proof of vaccination at this time.
· Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the event and venue. Hand washing is important in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the registration desk to sanitize your hands, if needed.
Watch Your Distance
· We request that all attendees watch your distance while interacting and moving through the meeting space. Distancing of 3 to 6 feet is encouraged.
Pandemic Resources for Meetings
Keeping in mind both the importance of member’s health and welfare, and their investment in opportunities to attend meetings, we are providing the following information for members regarding their attendance at in-person AAA events:
The AAA is following and enforcing the current CDC protocols in place during all AAA in-person events. We are monitoring weekly and relying on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to understand the current situations, make overall organizational decisions, and provide useful information and guidance to our members attending meetings in person.
The CDC has a new tool to help you decide what prevention steps to take based on the latest data in the county where our in-person events are held. Information can be found on the CDC website (Know Your COVID-19 Community Level)
Precautions while attending AAA events
- Attendees at AAA meetings will be expected to follow the current CDC protocols in place in effect at the time of their attendance at the in-person meeting.
- Members should visit the CDC website for the current county prevention level before they arrive.
Precautions while attending partner-hosted AAA events
- Attendees at partner-hosted AAA events will be expected to follow the partner organizations protocols in effect at the time of their attendance at the in-person event.
- Partner protocols will be communicated to all registrants in emails regarding the details of the event. Should the partner protocols differ with current AAA protocols, the partner will have the final decision on the protocols to be followed at the event.
Hotel Brand Resources
Hotels continue to have stringent cleaning protocols in place. We encourage attendees to download hotel apps to provide a touchless experience. See below for more information.
Hilton Clean Stay & Event Ready Program – DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Conrad, Canopy, Signia, Curio, Waldorf Astoria
Hilton Honors App Download for contactless experience:
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hilton.android.hhonors
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id635150066?pt=290242&ct=DG-WP-HW-AppInstall-ECICYR&mt=8
Hyatt Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment
World of Hyatt App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Hyatt.hyt
Apple - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyatt-hotels/id476639005
Marriott Commitment to Clean – Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, Gaylord, Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, St. Regis, Autograph Collection
Marriott Bonvoy App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marriott.mrt&hl=en_US
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/marriott-bonvoy/id455004730
IHG Reward App Download for contactless experience – Use QR code below
Radisson – Radisson Blu, Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Radisson Collection
Radisson Rewards App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radisson.hotelsapp
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/radisson-hotels-hotel-booking/id1437901776?mt=8