IMPORTANT NOTE: Submissions will be offline for server maintenance between Wednesday March 1 at 9PM EDT, ending March 3 at 9AM EDT. Maintenance may end early, please check back here for updates.
Concurrent Paper and Research Forum Sessions Decision Notices have been sent.
Concurrent Panel Sessions Submissions Closed
Pre-Conference Workshops Submissions Closed
The Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) Submissions Closed
27th Annual Ethics Research Symposium Submissions Closed
Effective Learning Strategies Interactive Session (ELS) Submissions Closed
Emerging and Innovative Research Interactive Session Submissions Closed
Faculty-Student Collaborations in Accounting – FASTCA-23 Submissions Closed
Global Emerging Scholars Research Workshop Submissions Closed
Share the experience! #AAA2023CO
Benefits of becoming a member of our community:
At the American Accounting Association (AAA), our mission is straightforward…we bring together the academic community to further accounting education and to advance the discipline and profession of accounting. We achieve our mission through four focused areas:
Expanding Knowledge and Idea Development
- The AAA encourages and fosters academic research to create knowledge and ideas in the discipline, supports career development, and addresses the role of accounting in society.
- Take advantage of professional networking, the latest research content and research tools, learn from best teaching practices, and participate in sharing ideas about accounting topics from all corners of the globe.
- Submit your work to one or more of our numerous meetings or consider the various peer-reviewed publishing opportunities in our many Association-wide and Section journals.
Promoting Effective Learning
- Join any of our 17 special interest Sections and attend a Section Midyear Meeting to network and collaborate with those interested in a specialized subject matter or educational environment.
- Attend the Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) sessions held during the Annual Meeting.
- As part of its educational mission, the AAA provides access to the COSO Frameworks and the Professional View of FASB Codification and GARS Online to accounting faculty and students at colleges and universities worldwide through its Academic Accounting Access program. This program is offered exclusively to accounting programs on an annual basis.
Informing and Influencing Policy and Practice
- Contribute to the academy and profession through active participation by AAA leaders and members with regulators, standards setters, and industry groups.
- Influence policy makers and practitioners in public and corporate practice.
Advancing Faculty Careers
- Earn NASBA-certified continuing professional education credits at our Pre-Conference Workshops and Symposia. AAA meetings and many webinars offer a wide variety of CPE opportunities, including the weARE webinar series (webinars on Accounting Research and Education).
- Develop career strategies by learning ways to meet institutional expectations in teaching, research, service, and leadership.
- Exchange ideas with scholars and practitioners from all over the world. AAA members teach and practice in over 75 countries, facing the same day-to-day challenges you do.
- Connect with co-authors and mentors. Network with scholars who teach the same courses you do and research the same issues you're working on.
- Post a resume, access hundreds of job postings and manage your job search at the Career Center on the AAA website. Members can post a free resume and get noticed by recruiters!
Membership dues include electronic access to all three Association journals, The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education. In addition, all AAA Section journals are available to all members through the Digital Library. All online journals are searchable and downloadable from the Digital Library. Members have the option to join one or more of the 17 special-interest Sections and belong to one of 7 Regions in the area in which they live. Find information on these groups at http://aaahq.org/Sections-Regions.
All members can add these print journals to their membership for an additional cost:
The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, Issues in Accounting Education.
Some section journals have print journals that are available to members for an additional cost. Click here for a more complete listing of member benefits.