"The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) is a joint initiative of the five private sector organizations (AAA, AICPA, FEI, IMA and IIA) and is dedicated to providing thought leadership through the development of frameworks and guidance on enterprise risk management, internal control and fraud deterrence."¹
- The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) will contribute as AAA members to the update of the COSO internal control framework.
- The committee will also communicate as needed with AAA members to inform them of calls for input during the revision process and help familiarize AAA members with the final product.
- The committee will continue until one year after the COSO update is completed.
- The committee size varies according to COSO projects and purposes.
- The committee meets as needed.
- Fulfill the committee charter as above.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).
|Name / Affiliation||Contact||Term Length||Term Expires|
Brigham Young University
|Mark Beasley |
North Carolina State University
|Joe Carcello |
University of Tennessee
|Audrey Gramling |
Colorado State University
|Paul Walker |
St John's University
|Board of Directors Liaison |
University of Utah
| || |
¹ http://www.coso.org/ accessed on June 12, 2014