Seminal Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
The Research Committee is currently accepting nominations for the Seminal Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
- The Seminal Contributions to Accounting Literature Award is intended to recognize works that have stood the test of time and have contributed in a fundamental way to later research. Seminal is defined as "having the character of an originative power, principle or source; containing or contribution to the seed of later development."
- Eligible works must have been published at least 15 years prior to the year in which the award is bestowed.
- The award is given no more frequently than once every three years and no more than one work is honored in any given year.
- The next time the award may be presented will be in 2016.
- Nominations for the next Seminal Contribution to Accounting Literature Award may be made in the fall of 2015.
- Although the award generally recognizes a single publication, two or more related publications (co)authored by the same nominee(s) may be considered for joint nomination if they stem from the same program of study that addresses a well-defined research objective. In this case, each related publication must comply with all other eligibility requirements. Nominations of multiple related publications should explain the single program of study that justifies considering the nominated publications as a whole.
- The name of the award winner will be announced in Accounting Education News and the winner will be recognized and presented with a citation at the AAA Annual Meeting.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations for the Seminal Contribution to Accounting Literature Award may be made by any member of the Association.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief supporting statement summarizing the reasons why the nominated work constitutes a seminal contribution in the view of the nominator.
- Nominations should be sent to the AAA Vice President-Research and Publications.
- The Vice President-Research and Publications collects nominations until 11:59 pm on January 31st in years in which they are solicited and involves the Research Advisory Committee to screen them.
- Further, the Committee will consider works worthy of the Award and add them to other nominations considered.
- With the counsel of the Research Advisory Committee, the Vice President-Research and Publications will recommend a candidate for the Award, when appropriate, with the final decision made at the Spring Board of Directors meeting.
- If other committees receive nominations for the Seminal Contributions to Accounting Literature Award, they are requested to forward them to the Vice President-Research and Publications. The chairs of all committees that deal with AAA awards will be informed about this process.
- The Vice President-Research and Publications and the Research Advisory Committee take into consideration that the Award is not given too frequently to avoid diluting its original purpose.
- Nominations for the award should be submitted to the Vice President–Research and Publications, Terry Shevlin by 11:59 pm on January 31,2016 either by email or regular mail to:
Vice President–Research and Publications
University of California-Irvine
Paul Merage School of Business
Irvine, CA 92697-3125