- Promote interaction among members of the academic and professional communities interested in the interface of accounting with social, economic, ethical, and political consequences of corporate activity, and in exploring the social and ethical roles and responsibilities of the accounting profession.
- Encourage research in public interest accounting by identifying areas in need of research, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and findings, and providing opportunities for exposure of research results.
- Present programs that create and expand an awareness of the profession's responsibility to society.
- Develop and promote educational materials that foster an awareness of social and ethical issues in accounting students-
- Encourage interdisciplinary exchanges between accountants and members of other learned groups.