Outstanding Accounting Educator Award
Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Thank you to the PricewaterhouseCoopers Foundation for generously supporting the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award!
The Outstanding Accounting Educator Award Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2021 Outstanding Accounting Educator Award.
- To enhance inclusiveness, the committee encourages nominations of educators with sustained and substantive contributions from a wide variety of academic institutions.
- No members of the Board of Directors or nominee for office shall be eligible to receive the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award while a member of the Board of Directors or while a nominee for office.
Award Selection Criteria
- Educational innovation,
- Excellence in teaching,
- Research guidance to graduate students, and
- Significant involvement in professional and academic societies and activities.
- A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award.
- The winner(s) will receive an award, citation, and $5,000 at the AAA Annual Meeting. If multiple winners, the amount is divided equally.
- An additional $5,000 will be donated by the PricewaterhouseCoopers Foundation to the AAA in the winner's name.
- The award winner will determine how the AAA will use the funds.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Any person or group may make nominations.
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- All nominees nominated for a given year’s award – who are not selected for that year’s award – will be automatically considered for the award for the following two (2) years.
- Nominees who were not selected for the 2020 Outstanding Accounting Educator Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2021 Award and, if not chosen for the 2021 Award, will also be considered for the 2022 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2022 Award, if a nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- Nominees who were not selected for the 2019 Outstanding Accounting Educator Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2020 Award and, if not chosen for the 2020 Award, will also be considered for the 2021 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2021 Award, if a nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- As a matter of policy, members of the Board of Directors and nominees for office will abstain from writing letters of endorsement supporting individuals for the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award.
- Each nomination must include:
- A nomination letter that clearly identifies the nominee, the nominee's current address, if possible, and a statement that summarizes, in terms of the award criteria, why the nominee merits consideration, and
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae and other appropriate evidence documenting the nominee's accomplishments. This evidence normally includes (but is not limited to) letters from students, alumni, colleagues, or professional organizations that speak to the qualities summarized in the nomination.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at email@example.com with "Outstanding Accounting Educator Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the Professional Staff Liaison.
- All documents submitted in support of your nomination become the property of the American Accounting Association and will not be returned. Do not submit irreplaceable documents.