Slate of Officers for 2024-2025 Board of Directors
The 2023-2024 Nominations Committee announces the slate of officers for President-Elect and Vice President-Research & Publications.
The 2023-2024 Council Ballot Committee (CBC) created the slate for the Board position of Director-Focusing on Segments. The Nominations Committee created the slate for the additional two positions.
Current candidates for the 2024-2025 Board of Directors positions are listed below. The election will take place in early 2024.
- Mark S. Beasley, North Carolina State University
- Anne M. Farrell, Miami University
Vice President-Research & Publications
- Christopher P. Agoglia, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Jacqueline S. Hammersley, The University of Georgia
Director-Focusing on Segments
- Jennifer Reynolds-Moehrle, University of Missouri-St Louis
- Jay C. Thibodeau, Bentley University
- New officers will serve on the Board of Directors for three years beginning at the Annual Meeting in August 2024.
- In December 2023, a "Get to Know the Candidates" page will be posted on our website and available for members to view until online voting ends.
- Consistent with the AAA Bylaws, additional nominations may be made by a petition signed by not less than one hundred (100) members of the Association submitted to the Chief Executive Officer at the AAA headquarters office at 9009 Town Center Parkway, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202, at least fifteen (15) days prior to the beginning of the election. For this year, additional nominations must be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Persons so nominated must previously have agreed to serve if elected. The membership of the Association shall be notified prior to the election of the nominations made by petition.
- Online voting shall begin on or about Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- According to the AAA Bylaws, the election shall take place by mail, facsimile, or electronic vote of the members. The vote shall be open for at least thirty (30) days. (Detailed voting instructions will be provided later via the AAA website and multi-topic emails.)
- Regular and Life members of the Association are eligible to vote in elections conducted by the Association; however, Student members are not eligible to participate in the Association election process.
Nominations Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
The AAA Nominations Committee shall consist of the two most recent Past Presidents willing and able to serve and five members elected by Council. The five elected members cannot be current members of either Council or the Board of Directors. The Nominations Committee shall be chaired by the most senior, in service, of the Past Presidents serving. Members of the Nominations Committee are not eligible for nomination. Members of the 2023-2024 Nominations Committee are: Chair, Robert Allen, Utah Valley University, Past President; Mark Dawkins, University of North Florida, Immediate Past President; Jongwoon (Willie) Choi, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Christine Earley, Providence College; Diana Falsetta, University of Miami; Yvette Lazdowski, University of New Hampshire; Phillip Shane, College of William & Mary; and Yvonne Hinson, AAA Chief Executive Officer, (ex-officio).
Council Ballot Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
In 2011, Council established the policy that the Council Ballot Committee (CBC) would function as a "committee of the whole." The CBC shall select at least two member names each year who meet the criteria of the call for director nomination approved by the Board of Directors to appear on the ballot for one position on the Board of Directors ballot. The standing Council Ballot Committee, established with the Bylaws revision in 2011, comprises all Council members with the exception of the Board of Directors. Sandria Stephenson, Georgia College & State University, chaired the 2023-2024 CBC.
Questions? Please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Governance Manager, at email@example.com.