- Rebecca Bloch, Fairfield University, email@example.com
- Pat Kelly, Providence College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Waymire, Middle Tennessee State University, Tammy.Waymire@mtsu.edu
Textbooks Commonly Used in GNP Accounting Courses
- Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities (McGraw Hill)
- Jacqueline Reck, Suzanne Lowensohn, Daniel Neely
- Government and Not-For-Profit Accounting: Concepts and Practices (Wiley)
- Michael Granof, Saleha Khumawala, Thad Calabrese, Daniel Smith
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing (Cambridge Business)
- Susan Convery
- Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting (Pearson)
- Robert Freeman, Craig Shoulders, Dwayne McSwain, Robert Scott
- Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations (Cambridge Business)
- Terry Patton, Suesan Patton, Martin Ives
Other Helpful Book References
- Accounting for Governments: From Budget to Audit
- Michael Parry and Jesse Hughes
Names of National Organizations that Impact GNP Accounting
GNP Midyear Meeting Report
The Government and Nonprofit (GNP) Section 2022 Midyear Meeting was held on March 11-12, 2022 at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C. There were 73 registered attendees, which included both new and familiar faces.
The Friday session included several speakers from the profession. Karen Kitching, the GNP Section President kicked off the event by welcoming everyone and providing opening remarks. Linda Ragland, the GNP Section Midyear Meeting Program Chair, and Thomas Vermeer, the Associate Editor for Journal of Government and Nonprofit Accounting, also spoke briefly about the conference program and the section’s journal.
2022 AAA Annual Meeting
The meeting dates are:
2022 Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting – July 30 & July 31
2022 AAA Annual Meeting Pre-Conference Workshops - July 29, 30 & 31
2022 AAA Annual Meeting - August 1 to August 3
For those not able to attend in person we are offering a subsequent virtual option on August 11-12, 2022.
Luncheon with Speaker Lori Donaldson
August 1 - 12:00 pm-1:45 pm
Lori Donaldson joined UC San Diego Health System in 1990 and served as its controller for 13 years prior to her appointment as CFO in July 2010. She has extensive experience in all aspects of financial management, including financial accounting, revenue cycle and budget operations, business planning, external financing, capital planning and long-term financial forecasting in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations. Since 2014, she has brought her expertise to the classroom as an instructor for the UC San Diego Master of Advanced Studies in Leadership Healthcare Organizations program.
Click Here for more information
GASB Gil Crain Memorial Research Grant
Since its formation in 1984, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has encouraged academics and other researchers to conduct studies that would be relevant to the GASB’s standards-setting activities. Over the past 30 years, such research efforts have resulted in publishing their research in research briefs, journal articles, and occasionally in GASB research reports.Learn More