- Rebecca Bloch, Fairfield University, email@example.com
- Pat Kelly, Providence College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Waymire, Middle Tennessee State University, Tammy.Waymire@mtsu.edu
Textbooks Commonly Used in GNP Accounting Courses
- Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities (McGraw Hill)
- Jacqueline Reck, Suzanne Lowensohn, Daniel Neely
- Government and Not-For-Profit Accounting: Concepts and Practices (Wiley)
- Michael Granof, Saleha Khumawala, Thad Calabrese, Daniel Smith
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing (Cambridge Business)
- Susan Convery
- Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting (Pearson)
- Robert Freeman, Craig Shoulders, Dwayne McSwain, Robert Scott
- Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations (Cambridge Business)
- Terry Patton, Suesan Patton, Martin Ives
Other Helpful Book References
- Accounting for Governments: From Budget to Audit
- Michael Parry and Jesse Hughes
Names of National Organizations that Impact GNP Accounting
Message from Brian McAllister, University of Colorado Colorado Springs
AAA GNP Section President
Greetings GNP Colleagues!
Thank you for this opportunity to serve as your GNP President. I look forward to working with you and moving the section forward for another year. I’m proud to be serving such an esteemed group of government and not-for-profit accounting scholars who also happen to be the friendliest section in the AAA. I’m also proud to say that the GNP section has always been my one and only section home.
The 2023 Midyear Meeting will be held in-person at the historic Oxford Hotel in downtown Denver Colorado on March 10th and 11th. Our meeting will be less than a block away from Union Station. It’s an outstanding location that really gives a true flavor of Denver and the West. Rebecca Bloch from Fairfield University has graciously accepted the Midyear Meeting Program Chair role for the 2023 meeting. Rebecca and I both hope that many of you are planning to attend the meeting next March. It’s our best opportunity to catch up with familiar GNP colleagues and meet new ones too.
2023 GNP Section Midyear Meeting
March 10-11, 2023 – The Oxford Hotel, Denver
The leadership of the Government & Nonprofit Section is excited to announce our 2023 meeting! Please save the date and make plans to attend the 2023 Government and Nonprofit Section Midyear Meeting to be held in beautiful downtown Denver, Colorado at the historic Oxford Hotel, March 10-11, 2023.
A formal call for submissions will be issued by early September when we open the submission system.
More information HERE and we look forward to seeing you there!
We gratefully acknowledge KPMG for their generous support of the 2023 GNP Midyear Meeting.
GASB Gil Crain Memorial Research Grant
Since its formation in 1984, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has encouraged academics and other researchers to conduct studies that would be relevant to the GASB’s standards-setting activities. Over the past 30 years, such research efforts have resulted in publishing their research in research briefs, journal articles, and occasionally in GASB research reports.Learn More