The 30th Annual American Taxation Association (ATA) Midyear Meeting
February 16 – 17, 2018
Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We promise a diverse program (something for everyone) and plenty of nearby entertainment and restaurants! Please join us to make CONNECTIONS, understand ALTERNATIVE PERSPECTIVES AND SUSTAINABILITY, and experience LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES.
• Luncheon Meetings
• Friday Evening Reception
• New Faculty Breakfast
ALTERNATIVE PERSPECTIVES AND SUSTAINABILITY:
- Tax Scholarship in Europe: Multidisciplinary, Interdisciplinary and Critical Perspective (Emer Mulligan, National University of Ireland, Galway; Lynne Oats, University of Exeter Business School; Lotta Björklund Larsen, Linköping University; and Erich Kirchler, University of Vienna)
• Patrick Juneau, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Claims Administrator
• Tax Experts and Tax Reform (Joel Slemrod, University of Michigan)
• Pathways to a Sustainable Future (Anne Christensen, AAA President, Montana State University)
• Attracting Students to Taxation (Tracy Noga, Bentley University and Big 4)
• Alternative Data Sources (Mike Weber, IRS Statistics of Income)
• JATA & JLTR Conferences
• Emerging Legal Research (JLTR facilitated and New in 2018!)
• Teaching Innovation Award Session
• Pecha Kucha (Back by demand!)
• Table Topics (Saturday luncheon back by demand!)
• Expanded Concurrent Research Sessions
• Tax Technical Topics (Returning in 2018!)
On Thursday, February 15, prior to the ATA Midyear Meeting, we will also hold:
The 4th Annual Teaching and Curriculum Conference
The day will feature cutting-edge teaching techniques and ideas for educating the next generation of tax professionals.
We would like to thank Deloitte for supporting the
2018 Teaching and Curriculum Conference
The 14th Annual KPMG/ATA Tax Doctoral
We would like to thank KPMG for its generous support in
sponsoring the 2018 KPMG/ATA Tax Doctoral Colloquium.
The 2018 Midyear Meeting Planning Committee looks forward to seeing you in New Orleans, Louisiana!