IMPORTANT NOTE: Submissions will be offline for server maintenance between Wednesday March 1 at 9PM EDT, ending March 3 at 9AM EDT. Maintenance may end early, please check back here for updates.
Concurrent Paper and Research Forum Sessions Decision Notices have been sent.
Concurrent Panel Sessions Submissions Closed
Pre-Conference Workshops Submissions Closed
The Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) Submissions Closed
27th Annual Ethics Research Symposium Submissions Closed
Effective Learning Strategies Interactive Session (ELS) Submissions Closed
Emerging and Innovative Research Interactive Session Submissions Closed
Faculty-Student Collaborations in Accounting – FASTCA-23 Submissions Closed
Global Emerging Scholars Research Workshop Submissions Closed
Share the experience! #AAA2023CO
Interactive Poster Sessions
Guidelines for Presenters
Interactive Poster Session Display Guidelines
Effective Learning Strategies, Emerging/Innovative Research Projects, and Research Interaction Forum presentations are based on a poster session format. Below, you will find guidelines for setting up your display. Each presenter will be assigned to a specific bulletin board where materials, samples, and handouts can be displayed.
RESOURCES, TEMPLATES AND EXAMPLES
It is up to you to make your display visually pleasing and to attract interest to your session. If you are new to the practice of creating posters, we highly recommend that you read the information found on the following sites:
Poster and Presentation Resources – UNC The Graduate School
Scientific Literature and Writing Poster Presentations –http://www.people.eku.edu/ritchisong/posterpres.html
Detailed information on poster design with supportive illustrations and links to other sites on poster designing.
"How to create a better research poster in less time" a 20 minute YouTube presentation--start viewing at 11:35 for good design, redesign, and examples
Templates referred to in video [templates]
Infographic Template using PowerPoint
Infographic Templates using PowerPoint
Viseme.co – Free Presentation Program
Visme.co-a free presentation program
Examples of Education Presentations
- Drones for Inventory Case Studies Infographic
- Data Analytics Cases Using Excel, PowerBI, and/or Tableau Infographic
Examples of Research Presentations
- Do Abnormal Accrual Models Detect Earnings Management? Evidence from Discretionary Changes in Accounting Estimates Infographic
- The Effect of Performance Measures on Risk in Capital Investment Decisions Infographic
Guidelines Specific to the AAA 2022 Annual Meeting Interactive Poster Sessions:
- The bulletin board's usable area measures 4' high X 8' wide. The board is fabric-covered and your display can be attached using push pins or Velcro®. Pushpins will be available at the conference. Please bring any other supplies you think you may need. The backside of the bulletin board you use may be used by another presenter. Presenters are discouraged from hanging materials from the top of the board that would interfere with the session on the other side.
- All materials to be displayed should be prepared before you arrive.
- Presenters are responsible for their own display materials and handouts and for set up and removal of their displays.
- No electrical support or Internet connections will be available.
- A heading should be prepared for your display. The heading should include the title of the presentation and the authors' names and their affiliations.
- AAA policy does not allow presenters to explicitly market (through displays or distribution of promotional materials, etc.) commercial products, particularly those in which they have a financial interest. Please be sensitive to this policy in your treatment of any commercial product/s included in your presentation.
- You may wish to provide a sign-up sheet to record the names and emails of attendees who wish for more information/materials.