Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
To volunteer for this committee, please click HERE.
Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Lifetime Service Award.
Select at most two recipients of the Lifetime Service Award which is presented at the AAA Annual Meeting. Specifically:
- Actively seek and submit nominations
- Review and evaluate nominations
- Current Committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the Committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- All nominees nominated for a given year’s award – who are not selected for that year’s award – will be automatically considered for the award for the following two (2) years. Nominees who were not selected for the 2020 AAA Lifetime Service Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2021 Award and, if not chosen for the 2021 Award, will also be considered for the 2022 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2022 Award, if a nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- Select recipient(s) of the award based on the award criteria
- Chair presents the Award(s) at the AAA Annual Meeting
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Chief Executive Officer, the President, or the Committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
|Name / Affiliation||Contact||Term Length||Term Expires|
| || |
Wim Van der Stede
|Board of Directors Liaison|
Estimated Time Commitment
- September 1 – January 31 – Actively seek and submit nominations; participate on virtual calls and email discussions at the discretion of the Chair
- Approx. 3 hours
- February 15 – April 15 – Review nominations, participate on virtual calls and email discussions at the discretion of the Chair, and select award recipient(s)
- Approx. 5 hours reviewing nominations; varies based on number of nominations
- Approx. 1 hour participating on virtual calls
- By April 15 – Chair notifies the Professional Staff Liaison of the winner(s)
- Approx. 1 hour
- August – Chair presents the award(s) at the AAA Annual Meeting
- Preparation for presentation could take approximately 1–4 hours
Roles & Responsibilities Timeline
Chair and Committee Members Responsibilities
|September - January 31||February 15 - April 15||June||August|
| || || || |
- Questions? Please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at email@example.com or 941-556-4117
Committee Composition/Required Knowledge and Expertise
- The Committee consists of five members, including the Chair and Chief Executive Officer.
- Four Committee members plus a voting Chair are appointed annually prior to the Annual Meeting by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- Committee members should be past members of the Board of Directors or others with a knowledge of service contributions to the organization.