Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
To volunteer for this committee, please click HERE.
To administer the John R. Wildman Medal award program (Deloitte Foundation Wildman Medal Award) in accordance with the terms of the grant from the Deloitte Foundation and to carry out all activities to select recipients of the Deloitte Foundation Wildman Medal Award which is presented at the AAA Annual Meeting. Specifically:
- Actively seek and submit nominations
- Review and evaluate nominations
- Select award recipient(s) based on the award criteria
- Chair presents the Award(s) at the AAA Annual Meeting
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Chief Executive Officer, the President, or the Committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- Current Committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the Committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- All nominees nominated for a given year’s award – who are not selected for that year’s award – will be automatically considered for the award for the following two (2) years – as long as the nominated work meets the publishing requirements (see award criteria for details).
- Nominees who were not selected for the 2022 Deloitte Foundation Wildman Medal Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2023 Award and, if not chosen for the 2023 Award, will also be considered for the 2024 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2024 Award, if a qualified nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- The financial award and medal is awarded annually to the author(s) of the article, book, monograph, or other work published or posted as an online early publication during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (2017-2021) which is judged to have made or to be likely to make the most significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of public accountancy including audit, tax, and management services.
Estimated Time Commitment
- September 1 – January 31 – Actively seek and submit nominations; participate on virtual calls and email discussions at the discretion of the Chair
- February 15 – April 15 – Review nominations, participate on virtual calls and email discussions at the discretion of the Chair, and select award recipient(s)
- Approx. 20-24 hours; varies based on number of nominations
- By April 15 – Chair notifies the Professional Staff Liaison of the winner(s)
- August – Chair and award sponsor representative present the award(s), check(s), and Medal(s) at the AAA Annual Meeting.
- Preparation for presentation could take approximately 1–4 hours
Roles & Responsibilities Timeline
Chair and Committee Members Responsibilities
|September - January 31
||February 15 - April 15
- Actively seek and submit nominations
- Review nominations, participate on conference calls and email discussions, at the discretion of the Chair
- Chair is allowed to vote in the award committee's deliberations.
- Select award recipient(s) based on award criteria
- Chair notifies the Professional Staff Liaison of the winner(s) by April 15th at email@example.com
- The Chair will have the opportunity to prepare and send a progress report in June which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their August meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the Committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and Professional Staff Liaison, Barbara Gutierrez. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Chair will write a thank you email to the award sponsor representative for their support of the award.
- The Chair and award sponsor representative present the award(s), check(s), and Medal(s) at the AAA Annual Meeting.
Committee Composition/Required Knowledge and Expertise
- Five members plus a voting Chair are appointed annually prior to the Annual Meeting by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- One member of this committee will be nominated by the Deloitte Foundation, if it so elects.
- Care should be taken that the Committee include members with a range of expertise, who are knowledgeable about accounting research with the potential to contribute to advancing public practice in accounting.