Thank you for making the 2017 ATA Midyear Meeting a huge success!
We hope to see you in 2018!
February 16-18, 2017 • Phoenix, AZ
We promise sunny weather, a full slate of programming, and plenty of nearby options to keep you entertained and well-fed! This year, the meeting focuses on four themes:
CONNECT, LEARN, INSPIRE, and ENVISION
|CONNECT with colleagues and doctoral students through: |
||• AAA Town Hall Breakfast (NEW in 2017!)|
• Luncheon Meetings
• Rooftop Sundown Reception
• New Faculty Breakfast
|LEARN research techniques and professional development strategies|
||• Plenary Speaker: Professor Joseph Bankman, Stanford University|
• JATA & JLTR Conferences
• Teaching Innovation Award Session
• Expanded Concurrent Research Sessions
|INSPIRE new thinking about the role of taxes in society|
| ||• “Baseball, Spring Training and Taxes” with Tom Harris, CFO Arizona Diamondbacks|
• “Sumarian Tablets in Intro Tax: Teaching with the Humanities” with Tom Camden, W&L University Archivist
• “Monetizing, Transferring, and Protecting an Art Collection” with Micaela Saviano, Deloitte Art & Finance Tax Practice Leader; Dough Robb, Deloitte Tax Partner, Phillip Klien, Deloitte Art & Finance Practice Leader
• AND MORE!
| ENVISION what is possible in your career and in your campus programs|
| ||• A P&T Conversation led by Donna Bobek-Schmitt with Fran Ayres, Diana Falsetta, Sonja Rego, and Terry Shevlin|
• Forum on the Tax Professional Shortage with Jennifer Kennedy, PwC Partner
• Academic Leadership Opportunities led by Amy Hageman with Beth Kern, Anne Magro, Lil Mills and Sarah Nutter
• Looking Forward: A Panel Discussion on PhDs, JDs and the Future of Tax Education
The 2017 Midyear Meeting Planning Committee looks forward to seeing you in Phoenix, Arizona!