November 9 - 10, 2018 - Sheraton Dallas Hotel Galleria
The Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum Section of the American Accounting Association is pleased to announce its 3rd Midyear Colloquium to be held in Dallas, Texas at the Sheraton Galleria, November 9- 10, 2018. We thank KPMG for its generous sponsorship of this meeting.
- Keynote by well-respected Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Professor David Pace of Indiana University
- Joint Closing Session: “Creating Collaborative Partnerships Between the Scholarship and Art of Teaching”
- Networking Lunch on Friday
- Friday Evening Reception with Teaching and Research Posters
- “The Synergy Between Learning and Research: Transforming Your Classroom By Taking Great Teaching Ideas Into Research and Then Back Again” by Susan Curtis and Fred Phillips
- Editors Panel from the Leading Accounting Education Journals
- Dialogue/Discussant Peer-Reviewed Paper Sessions
- “The Future of Technology and Learning” by Markus Ahrens and Cathy Scott
- “Apprentice to the Accounting Master: Structuring Student Experiences Around the Accounting Professional” by Gail Hoover-King
- Fast-paced TED like talks on Student Engagement
- Peer-Reviewed Teaching Roundtables
This year's TLC Midyear Colloquium theme is The Scholarship and Art of Teaching. Once again, the Colloquium will have two tracks (teaching and research), which will give participants the opportunity to enhance their teaching practice or teaching related research as well as network with other who are passionate about Accounting Education. Be sure to Save the Date! Meeting registration will open soon
We look forward to seeing you in Dallas.
Photo Credit: VisitDallas