Call for Cases
2019 Teaching Case Conference - Jointly Sponsored by the AAA Management Accounting Section and Institute of Management Accountants
Conference Date: November 1-2, 2019
Conference Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
The organizing committee for the MAS/IMA Teaching Case Conference is requesting case submissions.
- Cases will be accepted for consideration from April 16, 2019 until July 12, 2019.
- Submit cases together with teaching notes in electronic form to Steve Smith at email@example.com.
- Review process:
- Cases will be considered for conference acceptance by the IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ) Editorial Review Board.
- The organizing committee prefers (but does not require) practitioner involvement as coauthors and presenters.
- If the author wishes to have his/her case considered for publication by IECJ, accepted cases will be forwarded to the IMA for first round review at IECJ. Authors will have the opportunity to modify their original documents to meet publication guidelines.
- Authors will be notified of conference acceptance by July 30, 2019.
- Accepted cases will be considered for the IMA "Best Case Award" that will be presented at the conference along with a $1,000 cash award.
- The winner of the Best Case Award also will be recognized and asked to present their case at the MAS midyear meeting in Houston, Texas (January 9-11, 2020).
The organizing committee is excited about the case conference and looks forward to receiving your case submissions.
Co-Directors: Steve Smith, Brigham Young University
Steve Buchheit, University of Alabama
IMA Liaison: Kip Krumwiede, IMA