Registration is now open!
The Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Section 4th Annual Midyear Colloquium will be held in Tampa, Florida at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay on November 8 – 9, 2019.
This year's TLC Midyear Colloquium theme is “Embrace the Future of Accounting Education: Developing a Learned Profession Through Scholarship and Teaching”. Once again, the Colloquium will have two tracks (teaching and research), which will give participants the opportunity to enhance their teaching practice or teaching related research as well as network with other who are passionate about Accounting Education.
- Plenary Session: "Industry Panel to Inform Accounting Curriculum for the Next Decade"
- Joint Closing Session: “The GEN Z Worldview”
- Networking Lunch on Saturday
- Friday Evening Reception with Teaching and Research Posters
- “The How-to-List: Types of Education Research by Award Winning Authors"
- A Review Exercise to Inform Your Own Manuscript Development: A Hands-On Activity
- Tackling Reviewer Comments: How to Manage the Revise and Resubmit Process
- Editor Roundtables
- Blockchain for the Accounting Classroom
- The Changing Landscape of Accounting Education: Level Up Your Teaching Effectiveness with Technology
- Fast-paced "ED Talks" on Classroom Techniques to Prepare Students for the Workplace
- Peer-Reviewed Teaching Roundtables