The Western Region of the American Accounting Association consists of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The Western Region ascribes to the goals and objectives stated in Article II of the American Accounting Association By-Laws. Our primary goal is to create a community of peers who value scholarship, academic improvement, and creativity. It is our goal to encourage exchange of ideas among our members related to accounting research, education, and environmental forces facing the profession. More specifically, we strive to:
- Facilitate a broad-based member participation in the activities and programs of the American Accounting Association;
- Sponsor broad-based research and educational programs for the benefit of its members;
- Offer continuing education programs that shall be coordinated with the AAA's director of education;
- Tailor each meeting to the specific needs and desires of the regional members, and strive to draw on the talents of a broad spectrum of members in the Region; and
- Publish the proceedings of each meeting.
2022 Western Region Meeting Program Committee
Assistant Paper Chair
Strategic Region Leader Committee Representatives
What AAA Is Doing to Keep You Safe at In-Person Meetings
October 12, 2021
Seating and Spacing
- We continue to host events in the same large venues. However, we are spacing out seating where possible.
- Out of an overabundance of caution and concern for the safety of our members, any AAA Staff attending and working meetings are fully vaccinated.
- While we strongly encourage our attendees to be vaccinated, we are not requiring proof of vaccination at this time.
- We are following the CDC guidelines currently in affect; therefore, all attendees (staff, attendees, sponsors, and speakers) are required to wear a mask while attending our sessions.
- Panelists seating will be spaced at least 3 feet apart and podiums will be spaced more than 3 feet away from the head table allowing the speaker at the podium to remove their mask while speaking.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the event and venue. Hand washing is important in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the registration desk to sanitize your hands, if needed.
Watch Your Distance
- We request that all attendees watch your distance while interacting and moving through the meeting space. Distancing of 3 to 6 feet is encouraged.
Pandemic Resources for Meetings
Keeping in mind both the importance of member’s health and welfare, and their investment in opportunities to attend meetings, we are providing the following information for members regarding their attendance at in-person AAA events:
The AAA will be following and enforcing the current CDC protocols in place during all AAA in-person events, effective immediately. We are monitoring daily and relying on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to understand the current situations, make overall organizational decisions, and provide useful information and guidance to our members attending meetings in person.
Precautions while attending AAA events
- Attendees at AAA meetings will be expected to follow current CDC protocols in effect at the time of their attendance at the in-person meeting. Members should visit the CDC website above for current protocols when they arrive.
- AAA Professional Staff available on-site at each meeting will provide the current protocol information and enforcement of such protocols while members are attending AAA events.
- Our hotel partners continue to have stringent protocols in place and can be found under the Hotel Information tab on the individual meeting websites.
- Sanitizing stations and disposable masks will always be available at registration and around the hotel venue.
- We encourage attendees to download hotel apps to provide a touchless experience. These apps now provide check-in, check-out, digital room key, and room service (if available) all providing a touchless experience for you. See below for more information.
Hotel Brand Resources
Hilton CleanStay & EventReady Program – Doubetree, Embassy Suites, Conrad, Canopy, Signia, Curio, Waldorf Astoria
Hilton Honors App Download for contactless experience:
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hilton.android.hhonors
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id635150066?pt=290242&ct=DG-WP-HW-AppInstall-ECICYR&mt=8
Hyatt Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment
World of Hyatt App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Hyatt.hyt
Apple - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyatt-hotels/id476639005
Marriott Commitment to Clean – Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, Gaylord, Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, St. Regis, Autograph Collection
Marriott Bonvoy App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marriott.mrt&hl=en_US
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/marriott-bonvoy/id455004730
IHG Way of Clean – Crowne Plaza, InterContinental, Indigo, Holiday Inn, Kimpton
IHG Reward App Download for contactless experience – Use QR code below
Radisson – Radisson Blu, Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Radisson Collection
Radisson Rewards App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radisson.hotelsapp
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/radisson-hotels-hotel-booking/id1437901776?mt=8