Intensive Data and Analytics Workshop IV
Call for Submissions
Request for Proposals: Submission Deadline Extended to Monday, Monday, February 13, 2023
(After peer-review, submitters will be notified in early March)
The Intensive data and Analytics Summer Workshop is designed for faculty experienced in using data and analytics software in their courses and faculty looking for opportunities to incorporate data and analytics tools into their financial, managerial, cost, audit, tax, AIS/SET and data analytics courses and overall accounting programs. Both novice and advanced levels of data analytics experience are supported. Even if you have not done this before, this workshop is for you! The workshop is a place for faculty to focus their teaching talents on the why and how-tos of data and analytics and how to integrate data and analytics tools throughout their curriculum in preparation for Fall 2023 classes.
The workshop will consist of:
1) Mini-presentation sessions (TED talk format) with ideas for teaching strategies, integrating data analytics throughout curricula, and describing the new directions that analytics are taking in the accounting profession. This interactive short presentation format (TED-like talks) allows presenters to present and then engage with colleagues during a Q&A to exchange ideas and resources. Slides are optional (no more than six) and active learning activities are preferred. It is also optional to bring a supplemental poster for the lobby area, to allow for more discussion of your idea with attendees.
2) Concurrent learning sessions – Please submit for either a 50- or 100-minute session
- 50-minute sessions are appropriate for the delivery of a case with minimal hands-on activities.
- 100-minute sessions must include a significant hands-on activity for participants.
Both types of concurrent sessions should lead participants through course-specific materials (using tech tools) for use in audit, financial, managerial, cost, AIS/SET, forensics, tax, data analytics and other accounting courses. The learning outcomes from these class resources must clearly result from the activities or guidance provided.
If you have developed a unique exercise, data set, case, active learning exercise, online tool, or other pedagogical innovation using any aspect of D&A, including, but not limited to: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, RPA AI, Python, R and SQL or in the area of cybersecurity, this workshop is for you!
We encourage you to contribute to the program by submitting creative and innovative concurrent and mini-session proposals and by volunteering as a session moderator.
Requirements for the Proposal:
- A short description of the proposed mini-presentation or concurrent session, including its general topic area or course(s), and learning outcome(s).
- The level of the session (i.e., beginner or advanced).
- The discipline of the session (audit, financial, managerial, cost, AIS/SET, forensics, tax, data analytics and other (please specify).
- The type of device(s) and/or software participants should bring to your session. Although there will be wireless internet connectivity at the hotel, participants will be asked to download and install any materials, apps, or software ahead of time.
Click Here to Submit
Submit your proposals by 11:59 pm Eastern, on Monday, Monday, February 13, 2023, for the American Accounting Association's Intensive Data and Analytics Summer Workshop to be held June 5-8 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, Orlando, FL. Submissions can be single author or co-authored with a faculty member or doctoral student.
Your proposals will be peer reviewed and you will be notified in early March. You may be asked to move your presentation to a session type different from your original request. If selected, you are required to register and attend the complete summer workshop.
Questions about submissions? Please contact Stephanie Glaser at firstname.lastname@example.org