2024 FAS Research Conference Call for Submissions
The Fifteenth Annual Forensic Accounting Section Research Conference will be held March 1-2, 2024 in Savannah, Georgia. The conference will consist of keynote speakers, concurrent sessions dealing with a wide variety of fraud, forensic, and investigative accounting topics, panel discussions, case work, and other scholarly/teaching activity.
Please consider submitting to the conference any of the following:
- Completed Research. All research (empirical, behavioral, pedagogical, etc.) relevant to fraud, forensics, or investigative accounting.
- Teaching Cases. Cases relevant to fraud, forensics, or investigative accounting. These will either be included in our "hands-on" sessions in which you will lead participants through the case as if they were students in your class or will be included in a poster session.
- Class Materials. We will also have a forum for class materials where you can present unique projects you use in your class that you are willing to share with others.
- Research in Progress. Proposals, pilot studies, or other unfinished projects that you are still working on and would like feedback. This is the place to sound off those ideas to your peers. Submit a proposal and outline for consideration.
- Panel Discussions. We welcome topics and ideas for panel discussions. You only need to find and organize the panel. To be considered, please submit a short write-up of your idea/topic and email to Alyssa Ong (Alyssa.email@example.com) and Jesus Jimenez-Andrade (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Research papers should be submitted in just one file, in PDF format. Since manuscripts will be blind-reviewed, author should remove all identifying information. Teaching cases should be in a format similar to that used in Issues in Accounting Education. Please indicate whether the manuscript has been submitted elsewhere for publication (if so, please inform us as to where it is in the review process.
We strongly encourage Ph.D. Students and their advisors to consider submitting work in progress for presentation or the forum. If you are a PhD student (or advisor), please include this information in the field labeled "Paper in Progress” on the submission form.CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT!
Please consider supporting our Forensic Accounting Section by volunteering as a reviewer and/or moderator. You may do this by logging in to the submissions system using the same AAA member ID/password you use to register for the meeting. Click on Volunteer Form for the FAS Research Conference and answer the questions.
As you consider volunteering as a reviewer, please also consider attending the concurrent session in which the paper is presented. Your feedback both during the review process and at the presentation is a valuable contribution to the research efforts of our Forensic Accounting Section members.CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER!